VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by -CJF-

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The game works perfect other than some pretty serious issues with missing textures. For example, when you get move close to a certain area, sections of the floor will turn black and you can see through it to other parts of the level. I've tried tweaking basically all of the settings in the .cfg file, tweaking the settings in game, setting everything to the lowest, maxing the game out, most if not all of the compatibility modes, run as admin, etc. I've also searched Google up and down and can't find much of anything.

Thanks in advance!

Reply 1 of 5, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

IIRC there was a patch back then to fix texture issues, have you updated the game?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 5, by -CJF-

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I updated to the latest patch I could find which was v1.2.

Btw I forgot to list my specs, very silly of me.

Win 7 x64
GTX 970 latest drivers
Core i5 4670k

Been searching and still no solution for this, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know, thank you.

Reply 3 of 5, by -CJF-

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I feel kind of stupid posting this but I figured I should post it anyway, because in my search for a fix for this issue I've seen a few other people with the same texture problems in Will Rock. I know I probably should've tried this sooner, but I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game and now it works perfectly. I don't know what could've been the problem... I guess it was just one of those things and I got a bad installation or corrupted files somehow.

The game works perfectly now. Thanks a bunch!

Reply 4 of 5, by hitbyambulance

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to run this under Windows 10, and having the same problem, but uninstalling and reinstalling did not solve the disappearing textures issue. Is there anything else I could try? Web searches are not turning up a lot of info.

Windows 10 x64
nVidia GeForce GTX 970
Intel Core i7 960
24 GB RAM

UPDATE: Ubi tech support said they had no solutions for me. Regardless, I decided to play it and am halfway through now. The texture flickering only shows up in certain parts.