VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 23, by Cob

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
filipetolhuizen wrote:
Cob wrote:

As in the 1.4 patch for USNF97? I'm referring to Fighters Anthology, patched to 1.02. The crashes aren't guaranteed but have happened during or on completion of some quick custom missions.

Whoops, I read it wrong. Regarding FA, try using my fix. You'll need MS ACT 5.x or 6.x to use it.

I actually managed to get this working with a fresh install using only bellarmine's fix (avoids issues related to changing compatibility mode to XP). My original install included the no-CD patch, so the issues might have been related to that.

I'll play around with it some more -- while having to use the physical disc again is a pain, I absolutely love having the midi music enabled.

Reply 21 of 23, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cob wrote:
filipetolhuizen wrote:
Cob wrote:

As in the 1.4 patch for USNF97? I'm referring to Fighters Anthology, patched to 1.02. The crashes aren't guaranteed but have happened during or on completion of some quick custom missions.

Whoops, I read it wrong. Regarding FA, try using my fix. You'll need MS ACT 5.x or 6.x to use it.

I actually managed to get this working with a fresh install using only bellarmine's fix (avoids issues related to changing compatibility mode to XP). My original install included the no-CD patch, so the issues might have been related to that.

I'll play around with it some more -- while having to use the physical disc again is a pain, I absolutely love having the midi music enabled.

Most crashes seems to be solved by forcing the game to run in 640x480x8 which is the game's menu resolution (no matter if you select a higher resolution in-flight). Other crashes are multi-core related, which my fix handles. But since I'm using digital music, I don't know if my fix corrects MIDI playback.

Reply 22 of 23, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

FA works out of the box in modern windows and with digital audio, but it has flickering problems with Wrappers, while ATF and USNF97 doesn't.
also the NoCD cracks for USNF97 and ATF doesn't work either since they were made with 16 bit/dos.

Reply 23 of 23, by damson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I put together some fixes that I use with Fighters Anthology while running it on Windows 7 and 10.

Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rnMQvaNY3Hs … 386e2xREBFBofb4

There is MIDI patch, fix for color pallete corruption on Windows 7, fix for crash when trying to play videos from Ukraine campaign, shapefix for several swing wing aircraft and official 1.02F patch. See readme.txt inside archive for more info.

My youtube channel - flight sims new and old