VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by twiz11

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is there much a demand to get this game working or is there a chance it might show in GOG and Steam, IDK AFAIK the rights are either held by Ubisoft or 3DO or Cyclone, anyway its a scary game

Reply 2 of 11, by Procyon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It certainly is an original game, the first level still haunts me today.
Last time I played this I couldn't continue as there was a door that didn't open.
In the mean time Zeus has made a fix for this game but I haven't tried it myself yet.

http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide/compatibility

Reply 3 of 11, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It works ok with nGlide 1.03 and 1.04.
There are 3 troubles in WinXpSp3:
1) Versions 1.0 and 1.2 fail DX version check with DX8 and later. Can be fixed with the VirtualRegistry ACT fix (the DX7A parameter).
2) The font size is slightly bigger so some strings are cutted in the main menu. Maybe riched20a.dll issue... It's annoying but not affects the gameplay itself.
3) The game autorun starts the game through the dipectplay lobby (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DirectPlay\Applications). Unfortunately Path, File and CommandLine keys are written with wrong values constantly. But you always can run the game with the corresponding .exe (3dfx.exe, d3d,exe or software.exe).

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 5 of 11, by twiz11

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ZellSF wrote:

Can confirm it seems to be working with wndmode+nGlide. FMVs/menus aren't fullscreen that way though.

thats cause you have to run it in 640-480 screen resolution by windows compatibility mode, run the 3dfx.exe, well install nglide first, then run it as admin, disable visual themes, desktop composition, display scaling on high dpi settings, then write up a batch file to kill explorer.exe, run 3dfx.exe and it should work

Reply 7 of 11, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
twiz11 wrote:
ZellSF wrote:

Can confirm it seems to be working with wndmode+nGlide. FMVs/menus aren't fullscreen that way though.

thats cause you have to run it in 640-480 screen resolution by windows compatibility mode

Doesn't make a difference. For some reason nGlide changes it back.

Reply 9 of 11, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
twiz11 wrote:

you got to install guru3d and map the settings to the executable 3dfx.exe http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-riva … r-download.html

Are you talking to me? Because RTSS doesn't do anything regarding resolutions.

Reply 11 of 11, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I updated my patch so that a DirectX wrapper is no longer needed for 3Dfx and software mode (for those that couldn't launch the game without one). For D3D.exe it's still required.
Sometimes SMACKW32.DLL has to be deleted from the movies folder.

Also in 3Dfx.exe the menu colors are sometimes distorted so use mudlord's patch or something similar.

Attachments

• Filename
    requiemfix2.zip
    File size
    979 Bytes
    Downloads
    1239 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception