VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It is known that the first "A Vampyre Story" has problems with Windows 7 64-bit (which I have). Allegedly the problem is with the libpandadx9.dll

If you rename that file and set the anti-aliasing to 0, then quit, and then rename libpandadx9.dll back to its original name it should work ... but alas ... it does not.

Does anyone know of a way to get around this? The only graphics options available in menu is the anti-aliasing and "low lighting" option. Neither seem to have any effect one way or another. If I don't use libpandadx9.dll at all the game will never make it past the menu. If libpandadx9.dll is in the game folder then the game will not even start! Considering the game has two sequels I would think they have fixed this somehow, but I cannot find any solutions? Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 3, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Use DXGL or dgVoodoo2. Yes I know it's a Direct3D9 game, but it seems to make some calls to ddraw.dll that fails on Windows 7 anyway, that both those wrappers can handle.

You might also want to try this:
http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/ … lution-changer/
I don't actually want to play this game, but it seems to work:

test1.jpg
Filename
test1.jpg
File size
337.53 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

But it will use different scaling than your GPU and create some glitches (visible on the image). Up to personal preference I guess, but thought it worth mentioning.

Reply 3 of 3, by Lelasin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It looks really great I would like to see it with my own eyes)
This Vampyre Story somehow reminded me of another game 🤣
Probably because of the graphics 🤣 🤣 🤣

Edit by Qbix: Lets not link to sites like that.