VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kill0byte

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone have any tips for getting this game working in Windows 10 64 bit? I've followed various guides I've found online with the no-cd patch to remove the safedisc/securom garbage, but when I try to run the dl3d.exe file I get this error message:

"The procedure entry point _AIL_set_stream_volume@8 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubi Soft\Dragonstone\Dragon's Lair 3D\bin\DL3D.exe"

The youtube video I was following didn't have this error and the game just started up right away, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I've tried googling the error message and near as I can tell it has something to do with a DLL file, but I can't find any info on this error as it relates to this game specifically. I've tried using replacement DLL files that were recommended for other games with similar error messages but they seem to have no effect.

Reply 1 of 5, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I used to love this game, so out of curiosity I tried it and it seems to produce the same error when using a no-cd crack. Perhaps they fudged it up somehow? The only other one I found was a patch but it would complain of a wrong filesize on the executable.

Okay, scratch that. Just use the following exe. Had a quick try and it seems to work fine.

Reply 3 of 5, by Kill0byte

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks! I thought I had an english version of the game, but apparently not. The only weird thing is now when I play the game, there's no sound at all during the cut scenes, and there's no music during the actual gameplay, but the sound effects and voices play. Things can never be easy, 🤣.

Reply 4 of 5, by rolloLG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Kill0byte wrote on 2018-04-30, 03:03:

Thanks! I thought I had an english version of the game, but apparently not. The only weird thing is now when I play the game, there's no sound at all during the cut scenes, and there's no music during the actual gameplay, but the sound effects and voices play. Things can never be easy, 🤣.

There's a fix for no audio issue: install this https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file … hemy-universal/ and/or copy dsound.dll + dsound.ini in \DragonsLair3D\bin