VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by V15UAL K3YS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to play Supercar Street Challenge. The game will load up and start just fine, the menu screen works just fine and all, but when I go to race a track, the game crashes when loading the race. I don't know how to fix this; using lower graphical settings sometimes works but only occasionally. Using dgvoodoo2 on it didn't change anything either.

Specs
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
CPU: i7-7700k (stock speed)
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz

If anyone can help it would really be appreciated! 😀

Reply 1 of 2, by V15UAL K3YS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Looking in the event viewer it says the faulting module path is the CCRG.dll file located in the Bin folder in the main game directory. Not sure exactly what this means or how to solve it.

Reply 2 of 2, by V15UAL K3YS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alright, I figured out that the game can't handle joysticks properly. I stopped the crashing by disabling my steering wheel in the game (it recognizes it and is mappable but the game crashes when loading a race with it). I also tried using my Xbox One Afterglow controller but it doesn't work properly; the races load but the game acts unusual, such as not shifting into the next gear when holding the gas down all the way (stays stuck at 107 mph in 3rd gear; if I press the gas on the keyboard whilst driving it will then shift into 4th gear, confusing).

I guess I will just have to play this game with a keyboard. It is really finicky.