VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by exzsoo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Idk where to make this topic.

So i want to launch a exe from dosbox, but it says "This program cannot be run in DOS mode"
I guess thats because that exe file isnt 16 bit? If so can i somehow make it work throught dosbox?

Reply 1 of 7, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The message suggests it's a non-DOS application. A Windows program, maybe.
If so, for 32-Bit or 64-Bit Windows, likely. 16-Bit Windows programs said "This program requires MS Windows" or similar.

You could try to install Windows 3.1 in DOSBox to make a 16-Bit Windows application run.
If it's a 32-Bit WIndows exe, then the Win32s add-on for Windows 3.1 might help to run it.

Edit: Welcome to the forum! 😀

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 2 of 7, by exzsoo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey, Jo22

So i installed windows 3.1 on dosbox.
Now i tried to open program and it shows me this message https://prnt.sc/ldmugz
Windows 3.1x DOSBox Guide - there is that win32s, i have to install it in windows 3.1? If yes then can u explain how?
Btw thanks, u helped me a lot tho ^^

Reply 3 of 7, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have an idea,
When asking about running a program it may possibly be helpful to tell people what the program is
I know call me a mad and crazy fool for suggesting that vogons readers wouldn't be able to guess. Afterall they only have a choice of several million exe files to choose from

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 4 of 7, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

"not run in DOS mode" refers to booting Windows 95 to DOS mode (via F8 or restarting), so it's definitely Win32. Win16 programs tell you they "require Windows".

Dosbox does not support running Windows 95 nor Windows 9X games.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 5 of 7, by exzsoo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
leileilol wrote:

"not run in DOS mode" refers to booting Windows 95 to DOS mode (via F8 or restarting), so it's definitely Win32. Win16 programs tell you they "require Windows".

Dosbox does not support running Windows 95 nor Windows 9X games.

Can i pm u?