VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DCeric

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I find it amazing that there is literally nothing on the internet surrounding this issue. I've seen one other person have the issue and that person was using Windows Vista. When I first got the game installed there was cd audio during game play. There was sound effects for the car just after start the race. Now there is nothing and I don't even know what the problem is. I seen a guy on Youtube has it running on Windows 10 perhaps he is emulating the Dreamcast version. Anyways I just want to know if anybody has any clue.

Reply 2 of 6, by DCeric

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Now I have it running with all sounds... I had to make sure the game was install C:\Sega GT. No sub directory to it and I also had to add compatibility mode with windows 98/windows me. I am using dgvoodoo2 and have it running at 1920x1080 with a 60fps hack.

Reply 4 of 6, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The PC port of Sega GT is particularly janky, with missing lighting effects, no higher than 640x480 (use dgVoodoo2 to get round that), flickery textures and dodgy sound. It was so bad that the Empire Interactive UK version only had tiny night-time screenshots on the back of the box, 🤣!

P.S. If anyone has a save game with cars unlocked I'd be interested; I really want access to the Corolla WRC for my all PC rally games comparison, but don'thave time to play that game to unlock it...

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 5 of 6, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DCeric wrote:

I think the issue might be my onboard sound device. I have realtek and supposedly it doesn't support Soundfont which I believe Sega GT uses with its sound effect files

Are you sure ? Many soundcards around at the time didn't support soundfonts

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 6 of 6, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Has anyone got some savegames for this? I Googled "segagt.sgs", which seems to be the save game on PC, and there's literally 2 hits on Google, neither of which are any use!

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor