VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by TheMLGladiator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got a copy of Crysis Warhead on DVD from a relative, but the SecuROM DRM fails when it checks for a "release date". I found a patch online that was supposed to fix the problem, but now just says that it can't connect to the internet to activate. Has anyone tried installing this game recently or know any solutions that still work?

Reply 2 of 8, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

SecuROM was disabled on some Windows Update Hotfix. Just re-enable it following this guide: https://www.howtogeek.com/230773/how-to-play- … -8-7-and-vista/

Reply 3 of 8, by mrpenguinb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

On Windows 10, you have to go through many loop holes how to get SecuROM working now, which is near impossible without blue-screening and not worth the bother really. You end up having to disable driver enforcement on Windows just to make it run. Or end up using Test Mode which disables driver enforcement on every boot.

EDIT: Safedisc is the DRM being blocked on modern operating systems, along with older versions of StarForce. SecuROM is not blocked on newer versions of Windows. A common misconception.

Last edited by mrpenguinb on 2019-03-11, 23:57. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 5 of 8, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
filipetolhuizen wrote:

SecuROM was disabled on some Windows Update Hotfix. Just re-enable it following this guide: https://www.howtogeek.com/230773/how-to-play- … -8-7-and-vista/

SecuROM

Still works flawlessly on newer versions of Windows, despite erroneous reports of the contrary.

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Digital_r ... M)#SecuROM

update for windows 10,7,8 is only for safedisc

Reply 6 of 8, by mrpenguinb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Was wondering when people would pick up on that willow. Safedisc is the DRM that has been blocked (along with older versions of StarForce). SecuROM is not blocked in newer versions of Windows yet and many people get this wrong. I only realised my error a while after posting my comment that SecuROM was not affected.

Reply 7 of 8, by luigi-master

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I go to install GTA4 on any other PC, it always asks for a release date check. I go through with it and the date check always fails. In order to make it work, I set my system calendar to a few years earlier than it is, that way the date check will pass, so maybe you need to set your system time back some.

Reply 8 of 8, by TheMLGladiator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
luigi-master wrote:

When I go to install GTA4 on any other PC, it always asks for a release date check. I go through with it and the date check always fails. In order to make it work, I set my system calendar to a few years earlier than it is, that way the date check will pass, so maybe you need to set your system time back some.

That is very interesting and may be able to fix my problem. Thanks!