VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by deSSy2724

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So, I ended up downloading this game and some of the files from this site: [MOD: LINK REMOVED]

At the very first try, I installed it and the game actually worked if I open it up with "Win XP SP2 compatibility" mode under Windows 10 x64, I installed QuickTIme4 from the CD and applied the "unprotected exe", and the "new fixed files" from that page (it says that it works on Win7). So, all in all I played the game and saved and I even found the solution for that strange small lag if you move your camera around (just minimizing the game and open it again fixed it for me). Basically, the game (english version from that site) worked 100% perfect without any graphical glitches and without any technicall issues etc. on my Win 10 Pro x64 machine (GTX 980 Ti and i7 8700K).

But I screwed something up when I tried to install the German version of the game, now the game no longer works..... I tried everything (reinstalled many times, tried every crack, fix, method etc), same results no matter what I do, nothing happens if I double click on: "pop3d.exe" (the .exe file just shows up in task manager for 1 second and the process gets killed without any error message at all). I even tried that ddraw.dll from one github page as well as the "dg voodo 2" method (which worked for some other games like King of the Road).

Does it have anything to do with the protection they used for this game? Disabling the anti virus doesnt help (none of the files were detected as virus/malware or whatever under Kaspersky).

Last edited by Stiletto on 2019-03-19, 00:08. Edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link

Reply 1 of 2, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe something added in the Registry screwed things up. Try manually deleting every PoP3D reference in the registry to see if starts working again.