VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BillyScribbles

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, some time ago I played old PC games (Garfield Caught in the Act, Sonic R, The House of the Dead) with _inmm.dll without problems, but recently patched the Daytona USA and Daytona USA Deluxe to play with CD audio and When playing, the game does not stop, but it makes me wait several seconds to play a track (And the game freezes while loading), and after that, the above mentioned presented the same problem. 😢

After the problems I had with _inmm.dll, I tried the winmm.dll, all right there, I have all the tracks listed in OGG format, but when playing any game mentioned above, only 1 track is played throughout the game , and it is annoying.

It seems that I have not had much luck with this. Any possible solution? 😕

Reply 3 of 9, by BillyScribbles

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
xcomcmdr wrote:

Have you tried this version of OggWinmm ?
(disclaimer : it's my own fork)

I'd be curious about your future findings.

Hey, i'll try, thanks

Sorry for my bad english.

Reply 6 of 9, by UCyborg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
xcomcmdr wrote:

Have you tried this version of OggWinmm ?
(disclaimer : it's my own fork)

I'd be curious about your future findings.

Can you make it work with Interstate '76, at least the patched version?

Plays the wrong track right at startup when you get to the menu, then nothing plays in-game. Still nothing after returning to menu. Works fine with DxWnd's virtual CD audio (need at least version 2.05.25 to work as intended).

Arthur Schopenhauer wrote:

A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.

Reply 7 of 9, by xcomcmdr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello UCyborg 😀

Sorry, I did not see your post in time.

I made it work with _inmm.dll instead. That's what I use nowadays.
Maintaining my own fork didn't make much sense when _inmm just works everytime. Even if it requires more setup.
Do you prefer Ogg-Winmm instead ? If you insist, I'll look into it.

Here is a test video on the original French release of Interstate' 76 (Gold/AiO patch modified so the UI is in French again. .ZFS data files also modified to reintroduce the original French dub. The in-game UI was still turned into English, as I didn't find where it was stored. The Gold patch was never made available in a language other than US English) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7gVbug71oo

Thank you so much for your patch !
I finally can play this beloved game again.
I even have a retro PC (Pentium 120 MHz, 3DFX Voodoo 1, S3 Trio 64, Windows 95, 16 MB RAM) build just for it, and it still crashed at launch.
I had lost all hope (outside of PCem in which with the same 'hardware' config and drivers it... just works ? I don't understand this game at all).