VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello,
i tried to play Diablo 1 on GPD WIN 2 device which is glued to Win 10 64bit.. and there is only Intel HD 615 videocard with Intel bad drivers, i have to for every second game use dxVoodoo fix (copy its ddl to game directory), because image is wrongly rotated or missing piece of screen, but annoying but ok.

But there are game like Diablo 1 Gog, where is fix is not working - still 2/3 of screen or just start crash, is there way how to make them working? I using version on Win10 with Nvidia all is fine. Second game which i wasnt able to make working with same problem is DarkStone.

If is someone interested about other working not working games, there is my list:
https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/open/fk1pg055f16b … dc0f8bfc65a3f84

A there is Google list - some results are at least suspicious - from performance point of view.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y56fy … XgDc/edit#gid=0

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 1 of 2, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Doesn't GOG make changes to the original Diablo likely using a wrapper? I haven't bothered to check out the GOG version since I have the original ver usually you can delete the files that GOG adds.

What does the original Diablo look like with dgvoodoo?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 2, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If i remember correctly i tried Demo too and problem was the same. Its some old Direct MS problem with Win10 update, but Nvidia somehow managed to fix it.. Intel as always dont and saying that its MS fault and maybe they even try.

Gog has 2 version some enhanced some dont.. or maybe not in resolution.. to be honest i tried to apply all grahics settings and i cant see difference.. aspect ration already worked fine, there should be some resolution upscaling and some antialiasing, its not working or i dont see difference, maybe somewhere is some image comparison.

DgVoodoo probably can add some antialiasing etc too but i had it disabled or set to 2x or some slight upgrade, because whole setup is not some performance power house - for example with not fast enough for Blood 2 - framerate is wild 10-60 fps, without dgVoodoo i have maybe 3 fps in menu and screen is incomplete. Again i dont see difference, because i didnt try games in original..

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.