VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Presbytier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

SO Installed the GOTY version on a Windows 10 PC latest updates latest drivers on all my devices. The game starts with a small black box in the center of the screen then it disapears and the game does not launch at all. I tried using DGvoodoo to see if it was some weird graphics problem but same thing. the game will not launch on a windows 10 PC.

"Never pay more than 20 dollars for a computer game" - Guybrush Threepwood

Reply 1 of 4, by mrpenguinb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The game uses SafeDisc, you will have to figure out how to get past it. You can crack the game, but do it on your own account.

Some useful information: https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Operative:_ … al_improvements

Reply 2 of 4, by Presbytier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Okay that launches the game thanks, but do you know how to get the NOLF Modernization to pack then to work sense you are bypassing the launcher?

"Never pay more than 20 dollars for a computer game" - Guybrush Threepwood

Reply 3 of 4, by mrpenguinb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Create a shortcut for the main .exe I think (there is probably a separate launcher exe file). Open file location the shortcut if you don't know where the game is. Once you have created the new shortcut (for the game, not the launcher), view the properties of the shortcut and add

-rez NOLF.rez -rez NOLF2.rez -rez nolfu003.rez -rez NOLFCRES003.rez -rez NOLFGOTY.rez +DisableMovies 1

to the Target field in the path. Add it at the end, with a space between the last quotation mark of the path and the commandline parameter.