VOGONS

Common searches

The Sims 2000 on Windows 10

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by twiz11

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm trying to get the SIMs 2000 working on Windows 10 I tried the original CD which I which I have by the way and it didn't work it went to the menu the CD menu but as soon as I could play you just crash at your desktop I was wondering if there's any tips here but I tried searching for The Sims Windows 10 nothing relevant came up is it too old of a game to run

Reply 3 of 8, by GrampaGotTheKeys

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The best options I can think of in the meantime:

1 - Create a Windows 7 partition on your harddrive to play older games on your current computer

2 - Have a seperate machine that runs Windows 98 or XP for compatibility

3 - On your Windows 10 machine try installing the game using this method, then change the Sims.exe with a nocd version to remove the DRM. I think this is your best bet but I haven't tried it myself which is why i'm listing it last.

Reply 5 of 8, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The Sims Complete Collection works on Windows 10, but as mentioned, you need a crack for the copy protection and we can't help you with that here.

Someone recently made a GUI patcher for easily setting widescreen resolutions too:
https://github.com/FaithBeam/Sims-1-Complete- … escreen-Patcher

Reply 7 of 8, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
twiz11 wrote:

I tried the Complete Collection but it hangs on the loading screen before you get control of the neighborhood, just loops but thanks I requested it on GOG.com's wishlist

That's odd; that's past the copy protection check. And I think also where it initializes rendering, so you might want to try a ddraw wrapper like dgVoodoo.

Reply 8 of 8, by GrampaGotTheKeys

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
twiz11 wrote:

I tried the Complete Collection but it hangs on the loading screen before you get control of the neighborhood, just loops but thanks I requested it on GOG.com's wishlist

Out of curiosity I tried installing and playing it myself with just the NOCD exe in place, it did the same thing for me with looping the loading music and the text remaining frozen until I restarted my computer and now it works fine