VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 25, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kjliew wrote on 2020-08-07, 22:52:

If your game of focus is NFS Porsche, you can obtain OpenGL render 3rash drivers from here. NVIDIA GPUs' OpenGL implementation is stellar since the GeForce eras.

What are the requirements for this thrash driver? Will it work on anything geforce supporting GL1.1/1.2? (that is, Geforce1/2/3 cards)

7fbns0.png

tbh9k2-6.png

Reply 21 of 25, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
subhuman@xgtx wrote on 2020-08-07, 23:22:

What are the requirements for this thrash driver? Will it work on anything geforce supporting GL1.1/1.2? (that is, Geforce1/2/3 cards)

There are 2 versions, one for OpenGL 1.1 (perhaps +popular and useful NV/ATI/ARB/EXT extensions, you can read the source code...😀) and another for OpenGL 3.2, I presumed. The OpenGL 1.1 version should be the most compatible with any GeForce.

Reply 22 of 25, by peter.way2play

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ruthan wrote on 2020-04-26, 00:19:

Other catch is that im using nGLide on Windows 98 what is also not officially supported, but its working quite well. D

I did some testing with Geforce 6600 (non GT) on Win98SE recently. With NFS 5 - Porsche Unleashed I experienced same problem in menu (or also crashing right away) with all drivers.
Then I noticed some clues this might be related to actual DirectX version used with this card - I used DX9.0c, which (ironically) should be a great match for 6600...

With a combination of DX7, 81.98 driver and nGlide 0.99 it runs OK (not only menu, but also game is working with no glitches and with expected performance).

Reply 23 of 25, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmm, that uninstalling DX is not even fully supported.. so downgrading it because one game sucks.. at least some DX switcher abstraction utility would be nice, or maybe someone know some dll magic, like copy some DX7 dlls to game folder or something like that..

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 24 of 25, by peter.way2play

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ruthan wrote on 2020-09-05, 01:34:

Hmm, that uninstalling DX is not even fully supported.. so downgrading it because one game sucks.. at least some DX switcher abstraction utility would be nice, or maybe someone know some dll magic, like copy some DX7 dlls to game folder or something like that..

Yeah, normally it could not, however to some extent it could be done using DirectX SDK installers.
I just use SSD in a hot-swap tray on WIN98 machine, that way + Acronis True Image + SATA2USB cable (for connection to my main PC) allows me to go back and forth by backing up and restoring images on OS partition. It is super quick because win98 images are small.

Reply 25 of 25, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is possible, but its hassle some software solution within one install would be much better.

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.