VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

After much work I was able to get America - No Peace Behind the Line (Data Becker) working, but it is still unplayable. The problems is that the Mouse inevitably becomes locked up and/or jittery. The game itself eventually locks up and crashes. I have tried compatibility modes (Windows 98 is what it was made for) and messed around with the configuration file.

Has anyone had experience getting this game working on a Windows 7 or later computer (I am using Windows 7)?

I have Googled for help but the only thing I can find is some people talking about Wide screen mode and Glide settings. I have tried Voodoo as well, but none work. I have also tried running the game in a window so the Wide Screen is not the issue. The problem is lagging and locking up. Please let me know if anyone has experience with game.

Thanks;
David

Reply 1 of 1, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

In case anyone cares, I found a solution. Wine for Windows has the right dll files to make the game work properly. Look for WineD3DForWindows_3.0-staging at fdossena.com/?p=wined3d/index.frag and the game should work fine.