VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by blazedindigo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The game launches but in a strange way... When the title screen pops up it does show the title but everything looks glitched out to hell and back, I was thinking maybe it's my lack of graphics because when I enter the game, everything works fine but makes it impossible to play when the whole entire world is glitched out and everybody looks like zombies out of The Matrix or something haha I'm on Windows 7, I've tried running it through several compatibility modes and nothing has worked, if anyone has solution please let me know and if you need more details, I will get some screenshots to explain better

1l5EFogk6Xt7UKU3NtfB7Ka_nHhIld0hzkWGmMOCmYwxJblD9dc_-Lr5-w7C6YCqHkOYaQ=s170

Reply 3 of 7, by blazedindigo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I got dgVoodoo, I'm still not completely sure how to use it for this situation, been looking through the Readme files and still left me a little confused if someone could help me out, I left my computer specs to get more of an idea what could be causing the graphics to do this

CPU Specs.png
Filename
CPU Specs.png
File size
18.26 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
EEE Problem 1.png
Filename
EEE Problem 1.png
File size
225.63 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
EEE Problem 2.png
Filename
EEE Problem 2.png
File size
297.89 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
EEE Problem 3.png
Filename
EEE Problem 3.png
File size
316.83 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 4 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
blazedindigo wrote on 2021-01-15, 19:45:

So I got dgVoodoo, I'm still not completely sure how to use it for this situation, been looking through the Readme files and still left me a little confused

Can you describe precisely what you find confusing? Windows 7 in general does not necessarily have adequate compatibility with older DirectX features; that is the point to dgVoodoo.

But considering this game was released as late as 2005, your lack of dedicated graphics hardware may indeed be a problem. If dgVoodoo doesn't work then you could try installing XP in a virtual machine like VMware, but that is a long shot.

Also, may I suggest using a smaller image in your sig?

Reply 5 of 7, by blazedindigo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Pretty much I'm not sure what settings to use in the dgVoodoo control panel to fix the game up so it works with my computer, I looked up that this game uses DirectX9 so I tried following what it said in the readme file in dgVoodoo and when I tried opening the game to test it, an error popped up saying "Could Not Create D3D Interface" and "Unknown Error" then from there the game crashed and I couldn't continue so I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, if maybe I'm not using dgVoodoo correctly or what, if I have to use a virtual machine I will but I'm saving that as my last option if nothing else works.

Reply 6 of 7, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The problem is that dgVoodoo uses D3D11/D3D12. Your system requirements don't suggest it supports them. Moreover the drivers for your videocard may be not supporting the game completely thus having the problem. You could check if a driver update exists and that might help. You could also try DDrawCompat to see of there is any dependency on ddraw.dll.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 7 of 7, by blazedindigo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alright I'll give that a try, if that doesn't work I'll try the virtual machine that Jorpho was talking about and if nothing works still after that, I'll go ahead accept my losses and start saving up for a better computer haha this netbook I have is already very outdated, I'm surprised it's still able to run games