VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Mud

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi
Im looking for childhood game and hope somebody could help me because i have no idea how this game was called
It was old game i think from 1990-1995, i played it on Windows95
It was 2D platform game, something like mario with similar side view.
Main character was a guy who looks like Rambo from future, he had gun and rocket shoes to flying on the map.
I remember it was jungle scenery and there was bombs on the end of lianas which swung like a pendulum
At beginning we going from left to right, than down to next platform. Than from right to left and later we are going to water.
It was a short game, to make in half hour. At the end was scoreboard with player name and earned points

Reply 1 of 8, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't know for sure, the 90s are such a distant past in my memories.

Some ideas:

Turrican 2
https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/turrican-i … ght/screenshots

JetPack
https://www.playdosgames.com/online/jetpack/

Edit: Was it a commercial title or shareware ?
Full price titles from Sega were also "ported" from Mega Drive to PC ("Sega CD" brand).
Such as Sonic CD, Comix Zone, Echo the Dolphin and so on..

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 2 of 8, by Mud

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for reply but it wasnt Turrican and Jetpack.
This game wasnt from big studio, not sure but it could be shareware.
Im also not sure but it could be DOS game which mean it could be created closer 1990 than 1995

Reply 3 of 8, by BardBun

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

We should create a "What's this old game called?" megathread, where people can ask about games they remember but forgot the names about.

The only game that comes to my mind would be "Halloween Harry / Alien Carnage", but that one has no jungle scenery and your weapon is usually a flamethrower.

Reply 4 of 8, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i too find this kind of thing fun! I am imagining in this case a limited volume published game or a small shareware game from around 1993 - it just sounds a bit like a game from the halloween harry, jill of the jungle era. to the OP, I hope someone recognises it from your description!