VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by PapaScho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Vogons.

I have recently acquired a disc copy of Hooligans: Storm Over Europe developed by DarXabre and published by HIP Interactive. Basically the game was made in 2002 and as a a result it doesn't play nice with Windows 10. The game was released and then promptly canned shortly after after by the Royal Dutch Football Association who took issue with its depiction of football hooligans rampaging across Europe. As a result DarXabre appears to have gone bust as they did not release another game since. The box for the game says PC CD-ROM Windows 95/98/Me/XP I have tried compatibility mode with all of those versions of Windows but the game though installed won't boot up. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Reply 3 of 7, by duga3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PapaScho wrote on 2021-02-12, 15:24:

Well if that's your cup of tea then there is this:

https://archive.org/details/HooligansStormOve … ows10Compatible

and a pirated FairLight (FLT) scene release, for which you would need to sail into internationals waters (=not allowed here).

98/XP multi-boot system with P55 chipset (build log)
Screenshots
10Hz FM

Reply 4 of 7, by PapaScho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
duga3 wrote on 2021-02-12, 16:02:
Well if that's your cup of tea then there is this: […]
Show full quote
PapaScho wrote on 2021-02-12, 15:24:

Well if that's your cup of tea then there is this:

https://archive.org/details/HooligansStormOve … ows10Compatible

and a pirated FairLight (FLT) scene release, for which you would need to sail into internationals waters (=not allowed here).

Thats just what I took from the article.

Reply 5 of 7, by duga3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Search for "DxWnd " on YouTube and you will see how others are using it to run old games on new Windows. Then the first link I posted should make more sense. You might or might not need a cracked version but you will want to run it through DxWnd in any case.

98/XP multi-boot system with P55 chipset (build log)
Screenshots
10Hz FM

Reply 6 of 7, by PapaScho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
duga3 wrote on 2021-02-12, 16:37:

Search for "DxWnd " on YouTube and you will see how others are using it to run old games on new Windows. Then the first link I posted should make more sense. You might or might not need a cracked version but you will want to run it through DxWnd in any case.

Sorry to be a pain but I can't find a download link for it, they are all a bit sketchy.

Reply 7 of 7, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PapaScho wrote on 2021-02-15, 03:59:
duga3 wrote on 2021-02-12, 16:37:

Sorry to be a pain but I can't find a download link for it, they are all a bit sketchy.

DxWnd: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058