VOGONS

Common searches

JetFighter IV in Windows 10...

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Muz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The game lags in Windows 10, any fixes?

Reply 1 of 1, by ChronoReaperX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

MAKING YOUR JETFIGHTER IV OR ANY OLD GAME PLAY SMOOTH & FASTER

Jetfighter IV slow framerate is due to the HUD not compatible to be upscaled. There are also some other old games having the same issue. So you must set 640x480 (lowest) at the graphics setting inside the game. Then use DGVOODOO wrapper to set your desired resolution at the DirectX tab. Your overall game will look beautiful with smooth gameplay but the HUD is slightly pixelated (that's normal). At the same tab, please select 128MB for VRAM (yes I know it's not the highest but some old games only optimized a maximum of 128MB of RAM only) and no antialiasing.

In GENERAL tab, select your main GPU at the Adapter to use drop down menu. For the API please choose the highest supported DirectX for your GPU (recommended) or select Best available one. At the Full Screen drop down menu, please select your main display (recommended) or choose default. I don't check any compatibility option at the EXEs.

Oh before that, make sure any of your old game updated to the latest patch. So far I don't find any No CD/ Fixed Exe patch for Jetfighter IV.

-MALAYSIAN GAMER