VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by PatmanQC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A few years ago I had this running under DXwnd But I've since had to reinstall and cannot even get the setup program to install correctly. The demo of the game works fine and I have gone through and tried the various versions of direct X seeing as number seven is required in the manual. For the life of me I cannot remember how I got it going in the first place.

Can someone be willing to lend a hand?

Thank you so much.

Reply 2 of 16, by PatmanQC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dancsi40 wrote on 2021-08-31, 01:32:

for the installation, use winevdm, it will let you install old PC games that come with 16-bit installer/setup.exe. Just drag and drop the exe file on otvdm.exe

Hello, that actually started to work But then it's attempted to load another file after that and then hung.

Any suggestions? Thanks again

Reply 6 of 16, by PatmanQC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dancsi40 wrote on 2021-09-01, 11:24:

yes, maybe your disc is dirty/scratched. Can you copy the content of the CD to your HDD and then install it ?

I actually Used an ISO of it that I made years ago when I purchased the game. I've tried mounting it with power ISO as well as daemon tools and it seems to mount just fine as I can see the directories and everything else. I don't know what happened to my original disk since the game came out in 1999 or 2000 I forget.

Reply 8 of 16, by PatmanQC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dancsi40 wrote on 2021-09-01, 22:46:

Ok, yeah i used Daemon tools lite to mount the iso and had no problem with it.

For some odd reason I left for work today and came back and noticed that the insulation was finished on the game. Something must've been hanging up because it took at least four or five hours for a completed but it did successfully install.

Thanks for your help I appreciate it 😀

Reply 9 of 16, by PatmanQC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dancsi40 wrote on 2021-09-01, 11:24:

yes, maybe your disc is dirty/scratched. Can you copy the content of the CD to your HDD and then install it ?

Hello, was curious if you could help with the insulation of PBA tour bowling 2001 which is giving me a IKERNAL.EX error. I tried the previous steps that you advised on the first game but that did not help here.

I tried the usual compatibility, admin, etc. to no avail.

Thanks

Reply 10 of 16, by Dancsi40

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I had no problem installing the 2001 version of PBA Tour Bowling, if you get a IKERNEL.exe error, maybe it's related to the installshield engine corruption on your system, go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and delete the InstallShield folder or rename it to something else.

The next time you will install a game using the IS engine, it will create a new folder with new files. Either this or some security application is blocking the file. You can also do a system scan.

Reply 11 of 16, by PatmanQC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dancsi40 wrote on 2021-09-14, 21:44:

Hi,

I had no problem installing the 2001 version of PBA Tour Bowling, if you get a IKERNEL.exe error, maybe it's related to the installshield engine corruption on your system, go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and delete the InstallShield folder or rename it to something else.

The next time you will install a game using the IS engine, it will create a new folder with new files. Either this or some security application is blocking the file. You can also do a system scan.

I used power iso to mount it but when it goes to load ikernal.exe notice in the directory the file name is listed as ikernal.eX_

Would this make a difference? I extracted the file and try to run it that way after renaming it but it didn't matter

Reply 14 of 16, by PatmanQC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dancsi40 wrote on 2021-09-16, 11:35:

what you can do is extract the file, rename it, add the renamed file to the iso (delete the other one) and rebuild a new iso with poweriso

Tried that as well but unfortunately it didn't work