First post, by ruthan
other forgotten Slovak games from 2005, in overall it looks like reuse of their Conan Dark Axe engine (2004):
With highres and AA x16 its still look pretty nice and its running on Windows 10 after Starforce fixing. Afaik is not available digitally anywhere, only first installment was added recently to Steam, but its not good game - its static camera hell (from other TDK Swedish team), not played for me. Second installment has normal 3rd person camera "only" weird controls.
Update: Its on Green man gaming https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/knights- … f-the-temple-2/ but for now its expensive - 20E. Graphic is nice, but 2005 game with few lines of text without voiceover sucks 🙁 Music is nice from games music perspective.
- medieval (yeah with Romans and fantasy mess: ( ) 3rd person hack and slash with leveling and use of items, some bring me XY quests and even some choices in dialogs - i dunno if they have real effects. And there are some puzzles, which cant broke game pacing 🙁
1) Widescreen support- There is some wide screen fix ( https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Knights_of_the_Temple_II) - to be honest 4:3 with 19220x1440 (which is luckily supported) its fine for me. But this fix is broken aspect ratio, so its useless, to use it replace main exe (i highly suspect that its also removing Starforce) and set game to 640x480 (game use other target resolution). Fix is made just by dirty HEX fix, so for every resolution you need other version of patched exe.
2) Cursor is leaving monitor - Most annoying, i dunno if this problem only on multiple monitor setups (i have 3, 3x 1440p, 144Hz), but mouse cursor is not locked in game window, so can be mouse all other monitor and when it is game, game lost focus and its not classic few pixels problem.. cursor could move to opposite edge on other monitor. So mouse look is really impossible.
Disable other monitors is big PITA, not real solution, i like to have videos, manuals and games notes on them.
Solved: through Cursor Lock utility. - http://www.snakebytestudios.com/projects/apps/cursor-lock/ - its working, its just create new shorcut for game start.
3) Proper Keyboard+Mouse / Gamepad controlls mapping: -There is nothing like mouse sensitivity settings (there is see bellow). And mouse is inverted horizontally! and vertically its really unplayable for me. Map primary attack on left mouse and secondary on right would be nice too (Update: Its possible through key binding).
Im aware that some people are able to make some Steam Controller setup and apply them to no Steam game added to collection - https://wiki.albany.edu/display/icehcspace/%5 … for+any+PC+game , but i have done this. Some as Pinnacle Game profiler and its sucessor (Padstarr) - i able to use it (installlation could be annoying, original Game Profiler author died, but you can still get code from Forum people, after order), but i never created any profile from the scratch. Maybe someone here is fluent in those, that would be probably solution, unless it interfere with inbuild broken gamepad support.
There are also some others keyboard / mouse remapping tools not just tools for gamepad. - I remember just GlovePie, Autokey.
Update: Sensitivity could be somehow solved through GlovePie, i dunno magic numbers or range but there is number to play with it. Gamepad and mouse could be mapped through GlovePie too.
Partly solved by invert mouse - https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comme … nvert_solution/ but inventory and menu has to be controller by keyboard (mouse is invenverted) and crossbow too.. only GlovePie solution with mouse inversion only is needed would be better, but im not able make mouse inversion working in GlovePIe.
Update 2: I dont how i missed it but invert X and Y and camera speed is Game settings...
4) Proper Gamepad support -There is some ancient gamepad support, when i use X360 controller i can map buttons in controller settings - Left and Right trigger, but when go in game gamepad is dead.
Solved: You have to set controller type to gamepad in options and buttons can be assigned through With GLovePie script.
5) Cutscenes run too fast - 1500 FPS is probably too much, maybe set max framerate through Afterburner will fix it. Its working, but saw broken cutscenes only once maybe it was some glitch and this is not needed.
// Solved. by AfterBurner.
I searched game directory for some dlls, to try to replace them with newer versions and pray, but there is nothing so they are built-in inside some files, or there is some custom low level implementation of everything (it could be because game is multiplatform).
Im aware of console versions, but i guess that PC version would have at least higher resolutions texture and maybe even higher quality models etc.
I finished game with these settings fine.
If you are not interested in details and some script evolution history etc.. just skip to last post where is embedded Glovepie script code.
Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.