VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zeether

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to get I76 to run on Windows 10 with DxWnd and it keeps showing up with the interface maximized and the colors all wrong. What settings will fix this?

Attachments

Reply 1 of 8, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The configuration I use may help you. If you are not using the Gold Edition version, then to play the D3D version (I76D3D.EXE) you will need dgVoodoo2. With either D3D versions, you may also want to cap FPS to 30 (note that DxWnd's frame cap doesn't work with dgVoodoo2, which is used for the base version) using MSI Afterburner or Nvidia Profile Inspector or an AMD equivalent (if it exists). For the software versions of the main game (I76.EXE), this profile should suffice but you may want to avoid going to the menu mid-game as it may create white textures. If you are going to the menu with the software version, you will again need dgVoodoo2 to prevent white textures.
If you want to patch to Gold Edition, the following registry should help, edited as necessary to your game's location and version:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Activision\Interstate '76]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Activision\Interstate '76\1.082]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\I76.exe]
"Path"="D:\\I76"
@="D:\\I76\\I76.exe"

I don't have a method to find the game version. The readme.txt says what I need: "INTERSTATE 76 v.1.0.82"
So what I have to put in the registry path is "1.082", note that the decimal point after 0 is ignored, meaning that in your registry you will need the decimal after the number 1 only (hopefully). Also change the "Path" and the "@" values.

Attachments

• Filename
    I76.rar
    File size
    882 Bytes
    Downloads
    53 downloads
    File license
    CC-BY-4.0

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 2 of 8, by Zeether

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is the GOG version, I'll try your config. It did work for me recently when I reinstalled the game, but the mouse was misaligned in the menus in windowed mode so I'd have to move it just above the options to be able to click on them.

Edit: Your config works alright, I just still have the weird mouse alignment if the game's windowed.

Reply 3 of 8, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Zeether wrote on 2022-01-23, 15:26:

This is the GOG version, I'll try your config. It did work for me recently when I reinstalled the game, but the mouse was misaligned in the menus in windowed mode so I'd have to move it just above the options to be able to click on them.

Edit: Your config works alright, I just still have the weird mouse alignment if the game's windowed.

That's easy. Go to the Mouse tab and enable "Correct mouse position". And if you don't want to allow mouse to go out of the window, set Moue Clipper to ON

Reply 4 of 8, by Zeether

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-01-23, 15:51:
Zeether wrote on 2022-01-23, 15:26:

That's easy. Go to the Mouse tab and enable "Correct mouse position". And if you don't want to allow mouse to go out of the window, set Moue Clipper to ON

Tried that, it doesn't work if I have the resolution set any higher than 640x480 because then I have to position the mouse really far above a button to highlight or click it. I attached a picture to show what it's like, pardon the pixels because I couldn't find a good way to capture it

Attachments

Reply 5 of 8, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Tried that, it doesn't work if I have the resolution set any higher than 640x480 because then I have to position the mouse really far above a button to highlight or click it. I attached a picture to show what it's like, pardon the pixels because I couldn't find a good way to capture it

Game resolution or DxWnd resolution?

You might want to increase DxWnd resolution from 800x600 to something like 1200x900 on the Main tab.

Reply 6 of 8, by Zeether

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

DxWnd resolution, I'll try increasing it

Edit: tried that, it made the problem worse. At 640x480 I can highlight the menu options almost dead on but at 1200x900 I have to have the mouse several hundreds of pixels away from a menu option for it to highlight

Reply 7 of 8, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Zeether wrote on 2022-02-01, 20:07:

DxWnd resolution, I'll try increasing it

Edit: tried that, it made the problem worse. At 640x480 I can highlight the menu options almost dead on but at 1200x900 I have to have the mouse several hundreds of pixels away from a menu option for it to highlight

Not all games are scalable. Some scale properly, others don't. This might be one such case. If you have GPU scaling options you could use that to scale the 640x480 (Run in Window disabled) window to entire screen (just in case GPU doesn't scale)