VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Speedwarrior956

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here are the crazy FPS readout for RCX as of tonight on Windows 11 with my current GPU -MSI (AMD) Radeon RX580 Armor OC-. Any tougths on this?

Attachments

Reply 1 of 6, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Speedwarrior956 wrote on 2022-04-14, 07:21:

Here are the crazy FPS readout for RCX as of tonight on Windows 11 with my current GPU -MSI (AMD) Radeon RX580 Armor OC-. Any tougths on this?

Are you asking to lower your FPS? For that you'll need to use Vsync, either from the game or from your driver panel. Alternatively, DxWnd or MSI Afterburner can do the same.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 2 of 6, by Speedwarrior956

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-04-14, 13:19:

Are you asking to lower your FPS? For that you'll need to use Vsync, either from the game or from your driver panel. Alternatively, DxWnd or MSI Afterburner can do the same.

Yup. Just tried it with DxWnd and it ran flawlessly. Unfortunately i ended up performing a "soft reset" on my PC due to a bugged out antivirus suite (Windows Defender in my case), so i wiil be performing a bit of a "manual file validation" check (i,e looking up for missing/deleted files) that is. #StayTuned

Reply 3 of 6, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Speedwarrior956 wrote on 2022-04-18, 00:22:
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-04-14, 13:19:

Yup. Just tried it with DxWnd and it ran flawlessly. Unfortunately i ended up performing a "soft reset" on my PC due to a bugged out antivirus suite (Windows Defender in my case), so i wiil be performing a bit of a "manual file validation" check (i,e looking up for missing/deleted files) that is. #StayTuned

There's a newer version of DxWnd released 10 hours ago, probably that will keep Windows Defender cool.

Reply 4 of 6, by Speedwarrior956

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Already tested that -DxWnd v2.05.65- on another game and it works flawlessly. This is the infamous Windows Defender glitch where it's main menu goes blank for no apparent reason and is turning everybody nuts. It actually looks like this:

Attachments

Last edited by Speedwarrior956 on 2022-07-20, 16:30. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 6, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Speedwarrior956 wrote on 2022-04-18, 06:09:

Already tested that -DxWnd v2.05.65- on another game and it works flawlessly. This is the infamous Windows Defender where it's main menu goes blank for no apparent reason and is turning everybody nuts. It actually looks like this:

That's great to hear old version works well. Windows Defender issue looks more like an HDD issue, because of the long loading times. Are you on HDD?