User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-06-10, 10:05:
GOG version: https://www.vogons.org/download/file.php?mode=view&id=139254 […]
Show full quote

GOG version:
file.php?mode=view&id=139254

Try running the game as administrator as well in addition to compatibility mode. If that doesn't work either, I don't know what else to recommend other than reinstalling Windows. I've never seen those errors with Crysis, neither in Windows 8, 10 or 11, even with different CPUs and GPUs (always Nvidia GPUs though).

Reply 21 of 31, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Kappa971 wrote on 2022-06-10, 11:25:
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-06-10, 10:05:
GOG version: https://www.vogons.org/download/file.php?mode=view&id=139254 […]
Show full quote

GOG version:
file.php?mode=view&id=139254

Try running the game as administrator as well in addition to compatibility mode. If that doesn't work either, I don't know what else to recommend other than reinstalling Windows. I've never seen those errors with Crysis, neither in Windows 8, 10 or 11, even with different CPUs and GPUs (always Nvidia GPUs though).

It is not that the game doesn't run. I have 3 level save through my playthrough today. Then it no longer starts. Removed the saves and it still is same.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 22 of 31, by Kappa971

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-06-10, 11:38:

It is not that the game doesn't run. I have 3 level save through my playthrough today. Then it no longer starts. Removed the saves and it still is same.

At this point try reinstalling Windows. It could also be the hard drive dying, I don't know...

Reply 23 of 31, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Kappa971 wrote on 2022-06-10, 16:50:
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-06-10, 11:38:

At this point try reinstalling Windows. It could also be the hard drive dying, I don't know...

I will reinstall with the new update release. HDD dying is unlikely, as it happens across 3 different drives.

Reply 24 of 31, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This was probably listed somewhere, but with 1.2.1 this patch restarted working:
https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file … -exception-fix/

Reply 25 of 31, by Rodney Betters

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone else experience a massive framerate drop during the level 'Awakening' when the rock slides occur? Everytime those huge boulders tumble down the mountainside, my FPS goes down into the single digits. What could be causing this? Some sort of CPU limitation? I'm using a Q9650 Core 2 Quad and a GTX 580 3GB, so performance shouldn't be a problem.

Reply 26 of 31, by Kappa971

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Rodney Betters wrote on 2022-06-18, 21:09:

Does anyone else experience a massive framerate drop during the level 'Awakening' when the rock slides occur? Everytime those huge boulders tumble down the mountainside, my FPS goes down into the single digits. What could be causing this? Some sort of CPU limitation? I'm using a Q9650 Core 2 Quad and a GTX 580 3GB, so performance shouldn't be a problem.

This game is very badly optimized, probably doesn't use more than two cores (or maybe just one?). At maximum details, with a Ryzen 5 1600 and a GTX 1060, in the first level in the part where there is the sunset, the game runs at just 60 fps (even below), with a big CPU bottleneck (the Ryzen 5 1600 doesn't have phenomenal single core performance).

So, with your PC, I would expect levels even at 30fps. Anyway I don't know if the FPS you get in that level are normal, but we're talking about Crysis so it wouldn't surprise me.

Reply 27 of 31, by Rodney Betters

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Performance is playable throughout the entire game with 'Very High' settings at 1600x1200 (anywhere between 25-60 fps). It's just when those rock slides occur in Awakening that the FPS dips into the single digits. It spikes right back up to normal once the rumbling stops. My guess is it's some sort of physics bug.

Reply 28 of 31, by Kappa971

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Rodney Betters wrote on 2022-06-19, 21:43:

Performance is playable throughout the entire game with 'Very High' settings at 1600x1200 (anywhere between 25-60 fps). It's just when those rock slides occur in Awakening that the FPS dips into the single digits. It spikes right back up to normal once the rumbling stops. My guess is it's some sort of physics bug.

My guess is that the physics of those rocks are very CPU intensive, and considering that Crysis probably doesn't use more than two cores and that CPU is very old, that would explain those low fps.

As I said, even my CPU which is much newer (even if it is not a latest generation CPU) suffers from the non-optimized core usage of this game.

Reply 29 of 31, by Rodney Betters

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Started running into a driver crash on the level 'Core'. It'll either crash immediately upon starting the level, or shortly after. Rather than test more drivers, I decided to try out my Radeon HD 7950 which is a nice performance boost. Also, the rockslide FPS drop I described in an earlier post doesn't occur anymore. Guess that was a GPU issue afterall.

Reply 30 of 31, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Rodney Betters wrote on 2022-06-20, 21:43:

Started running into a driver crash on the level 'Core'. It'll either crash immediately upon starting the level, or shortly after. Rather than test more drivers, I decided to try out my Radeon HD 7950 which is a nice performance boost. Also, the rockslide FPS drop I described in an earlier post doesn't occur anymore. Guess that was a GPU issue afterall.

I guess the GTX 580 couldn’t run Crysis after all! 😆

Reply 31 of 31, by Bohemond1099

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was getting constant crashing with 64bit; 32bit is waaay more stable; and performance/visuals look the same. So if you are getting consistent crashing switch to the 32bit exe; you won't notice the difference in performance because it is the same AND you won't crash.