First post, by Zup
I'm trying to dump some games from Dinamic Multimedia / FX Interactive using Linux.
The "protection" used in those games is a "ring". They ring is composed by many, many unused/unrecorded/damaged sectors that makes a visible "ring" on the disk. Usually, the protection don't check those sectors, they rely in that it takes hours or even days to extract all data from discs. There are some CD checks (I guess disc label, presence/size or some files or even trying to read good parts of the damaged files), but at this time I haven't found a game that doesn't run from a plain ISO file.
So I'm using ddrescue to extract the ISO, mostly because I can safely interrupt ddrescue and continue at the same point I've been using 2048 as block size (I haven't found any game with mode 2 tracks, but I guess I should use 2352 in that case) and that extracts valid ISO files. But yesterday I found a game that had audio tracks, and I want to extract those audio tracks and make a BIN/CUE image. So the questions are:
- How should I extract the audio tracks?
- How should I reconstruct the CUE file? (I guess I could use cdrecord output to get the TOC, but I don't know if I should recalculate all the tracks position or rely on that output as valid).
- Should I use CUE+ISO+WAV files (even CUE+ISO+OGG or MP3) or should I convert all tracks into a BIN file? How could I get a BIN file with my ISO and WAV files?
Or, to make my life easier... is there any CD copy program that can be interrupted at any point and start again from where he left? (i.e.: stop it at 40%, shut down the computer and the next day dump the other 60%)
I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...