VOGONS

Revised list of Voodoo games for DOS.

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 118, by janskjaer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think a lot of games in the "Glide Lists" above need to be revised. There are a lot of games in there that are Windows based games, let-alone not supporting the Glide API.

Command & Conquer Renegade - {2002}
Frontline Attack: War over Europe - {2002}
Heli Heroes - {2002}

I mean, come on. 3dfx was defunct by the end of 2000 and in 2001 we had Windows XP so how can these games be related to the thread topic in any sense?

If we're not going to draft a WIKI for such things, at least we can start to filter out all the BS that is put into posts, which are supposed to be informative and help people find what they're looking for.

DELL Dimension XPS M200s
:Intel P1 MMX 200MHz
:64MB EDO
:DOS 6.22/Win95b
:Matrox Millenium II + m3D (PowerVR PCX2)
Chaintech 7VJL Apogee
:AMD AthlonXP 2700+
:512MB DDR
:Win98SE/2000 SP4
:3dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP

Reply 82 of 118, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
janskjaer wrote:

Heli Heroes - {2002}

I mean, come on. 3dfx was defunct by the end of 2000 and in 2001 we had Windows XP so how can these games be related to the thread topic in any sense?

If we're not going to draft a WIKI for such things, at least we can start to filter out all the BS that is put into posts, which are supposed to be informative and help people find what they're looking for.

Working on filtering the BS right now...

For what it's worth, Heli Heroes is tested confirmed working with nGlide: meaning it IS a Glide game.

You are probably right about the other two.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 83 of 118, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

robertmo, your list is missing:
- Nascar Racing 1999 Edition - which has 2 Glide binaries, both Windows and DOS. The game doesn't have a DOS installer, however, so you need to install from Windows.

Stiletto

Reply 84 of 118, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

C&C Renegade missed it's original shipping date and then missed it's second shipping date so it's quite possible that it could have been developed early enough to have Glide support.

Reply 87 of 118, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just want to add in that maybe you should put Actua Soccer and VR Soccer on the same line. It is the same game, just that Actua Soccer is the European release and VR Soccer is the american. Same goes for Whiplash / Fatal Racing.

EF2000 also had a separate release called EF2000 V2.0 with everything (also 3dfx support) included.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 88 of 118, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

was thinking about it too, but decided not to as both games require different patches. Also have completely different titles that goes in different place of the list in alphabetical order so it would be harder to find them. Also longer list looks more exciting 😉 Anyway my mission is over as Stiletto updated his list. 😀

Reply 89 of 118, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
robertmo wrote:

Anyway my mission is over as Stiletto updated his list. 😀

Nah, I don't know when I'll be returning to this project, so please keep up the good work, and PM me with any new discoveries 😁

Stiletto

Reply 90 of 118, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

IIRC, I did play Renegade with a Glide card before. I don't have it installed at the moment, I should try it if I can find my CDs...

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 91 of 118, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Renegade's purely Direct3D.

However, Renegade was so long in development (begun around early '98) it makes you wonder if they have fallbacks for other older hardware. They don't support PowerVR though :(

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 92 of 118, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Renegade is strange. You can't force MSAA with it. It has to be the oldest D3D game I've played that renders in a way incompatible with it. I found a modernization effort called Tiberian Technologies that implements FXAA.

Reply 93 of 118, by shspvr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There are two type of Games DosGlide, WinGlide
What the diff that depend some titles are not "native glide" games
1st example "DosGlide" carmageddon and "WinGlide" unreal that ture native glide game
2nd example quake or half life that not ture native glide it minigl or what I call a half bake cookie hehe

Some miss one
CyberGladiators
Formula 1
HyperBlade
MDK, 3dfx-patch
MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat
Scorched Planet
SimCopter, 3dfx-patch
Swiv 3D, European 3dfx-patch
Resident Evil
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six (I look in to this one I think my brother has a CD of it)
Tigershark
Virtua Fighter 2

DosGlide Only
Chasm
Deathtrap Dungeon
Descent 2: The Infinate Abyss
Dreadnought
EF2000
EF2000 Tatcom
Hardcore 4x4
Jetfighter 3
Reloaded
Starfighter
Tomb Raider
Toshinden
VR Golf
VR Soccer '96
Whiplash

You most check the system requirements the game most run under MSDos 5 or higher in order to be DosGlide agme if has a Patch or come with 3Dfx executable program file

Remove
Magic Carpet 2 intell I can fine the patch
Man I forgot that Prey was a windows game from 2006 what hell was 3D Realms been doing for 10 years

Last edited by shspvr on 2012-07-28, 15:12. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 94 of 118, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Rainbow Six is D3D only

Where are you getting your information? You listed Magic Carpet 2 again. Attempting to find a 3dfx patch for Magic Carpet 2 just matches to some misinforming posts here, and no actual patch.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 95 of 118, by shspvr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That wasn't me it 3dfx own list that goof up which it is list as it as DosGlide as for Magic Carpet 2 I belive if recall rigth there was one but I didn't do that game for beta testing patch for it I only did Hardcore 4x4 and NFS:SE

It rigth here http://web.archive.org/web/19970412123117/htt … dev/titles.html

Reply 98 of 118, by shspvr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Davros wrote:

ps: shspvr
you list dreadnought - is that the 1992 game by datasoft a Naval command simulation that wont be glide its too old

It was done by Ocean = Dreadnought / HMS Carnage there was a playable demo before Infogrames acquired Ocean so the game got caned it was cool Steampunk Fly Game.