VOGONS

First post, by dandu386

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there an adlib emulator available that can be used while running windows? Like you can install it as a driver and all of windows and dos's midi functions are going to play in adlib/soundblaster sound?

Reply 1 of 9, by =zum=

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Maybe PC section was the right one!

Well, i've searched that kind of emulator for years, but what i found is badly done linux things so i suggest you to download things like Adplug, an adlib emulator for winamp, that plays midi too (but not as you remember the opl2/opl3 from windows) and LOTS of other Adlib music based file.

Reply 5 of 9, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I never had probs in ADLIB music under windows... it just works using the "Legacy audio" subsystem of windows... maybe it would help to get a real pci soundcard... if u use onboard audio, maybe it lacks such features...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 6 of 9, by wildweasel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've been looking for such a thing for a long time - I've got onboard audio as well as a Sound Blaster X-Fi, and think that the MIDI on both is garbage. I long for the days of OPL2/3-powered music, and I wish there was a driver a la MUNT that could emulate that classic sound. Wavetable MIDI annoys me greatly.

wwsig2-button1.pngwwsig2-center.pngwwsig2-button2.png