VOGONS

First post, by 2Mourty

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have been waiting to add another vintage sound module to my collection and yesterday I won a CM-32L on ebay for $14! I'm quite excited.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem … :MEWN:IT&ih=005

I already have a SCC-1A with the original midi cables and I was wondering how to attach the CM-32L to my Card. Obviously I plug a cable in the midi out of the SCC1-A to the midi in of the CM-32L, but how do I tell my computer that I want to just hear the sounds from the CM-32L? Thank you for your help and Ultima Underground (and Conquests of the Longbow) here I come! 😁

Reply 1 of 5, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Can't each MIDI device be configured to use different port? For instance, 330 for CM-32L and 300 for SCC-1A. I think you should be able to use command line to configure those parameters, similar to SET BLASTER when using Sound Blaster cards.

As for DOS games, you can usually choose which MIDI port to use for music during the game's sound setup configuration. If you can't, it usually means that the game uses port 330 for Roland MIDI devices.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 2 of 5, by kreats

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

the scc-1 just mirrors whatever midi it gets thru the external ports, so by default both will play at once if they're both connected.

A mixer will solve your problem, or just switch the audio cables over manually (my mt32 gets more use than the sound canvas).

Reply 3 of 5, by 2Mourty

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What would be a good cheap quality mixer to purchase? I'm a choir teacher so I have enough money to get by, but it's a miracle that I have some of this equipment. Amazing what you can get if you track ebay for months at a time and eventually find a good deal on this stuff. 😊