VOGONS

Reply 21 of 47, by [TGA3DX] Tim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Due to the feedback received on the initial, tricky to use menu, I've changed the navigation menu from 2 drop down boxes to one. The main gallery is accessed by clicking on the "Golden Era" link from the "The Collection" drop down box.

From there you can select which year you want to look at.

Hopefully this will make browsing a tad easier and less confusing for newcomers, and easier to use. Please let me know if you think so.

I should be getting a lightbox soon, to take some more professional pictures of the cards.

http://www.tga3dx.com/Golden-Era.html

Reply 22 of 47, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think what peeved me the most was when they just became big advertising catalogs month after month w/ the same ads. BLEH!!!! I wanted REVIEWS AND SCREEN SHOTS DANGIT!! 🤣

Last edited by Mike 01Hawk on 2009-07-07, 14:18. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 23 of 47, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

A user uploaded gallery of screenshots for each card showing its output in a game could be a good idea. PNG format enforced though, to showcase how the card dithers, etc.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 24 of 47, by Pippy P. Poopypants

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nice website; there's actually quite a few cards on the list that I had never even heard about before. Of course, back then, I was completely oblivious to the whole concept of "3D acceleration"

GUIs and reviews of other random stuff

Вфхуи ZoPиЕ m
СФИР Et. SEPOHЖ
Chebzon фt Ymeztoix © 1959 zem

Reply 25 of 47, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nice site, I'm busy working on one myself and have 122 cards in my collection, mostly from 95'-99'. You have a couple jems (personal taste) on your site, the Tri-tech Pyramid 3D and the Warp 5.

The dates are somewhat confusing on your website, you should either catagorize them as announced or released. For example the original Voodoo cards you have categorized in the 96' table but were announced in 95' and released in Oct. 96'. On the other hand, the Rendition v1000 you have listed in the 95' table and was announced in 95' but didn't hit market till the second half of 96', just slightly before Voodoo.

Reply 26 of 47, by [TGA3DX] Tim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
bushwack wrote:

Nice site, I'm busy working on one myself and have 122 cards in my collection, mostly from 95'-99'. You have a couple jems (personal taste) on your site, the Tri-tech Pyramid 3D and the Warp 5.

The dates are somewhat confusing on your website, you should either catagorize them as announced or released. For example the original Voodoo cards you have categorized in the 96' table but were announced in 95' and released in Oct. 96'. On the other hand, the Rendition v1000 you have listed in the 95' table and was announced in 95' but didn't hit market till the second half of 96', just slightly before Voodoo.

All the cards are categorized on announce date.

The problem with the voodoo board is that initially they were announced for the arcade market. The consumer Voodoo board was announced in 95, but wasn't properly introduced until 1996. I'm still in two minds whether to change this or not.

Reply 30 of 47, by GL1zdA

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The last time i tried tga3dx on archive.org there were almost all images missing. I e-mailed tga3dx but there was no response. Maybe someone has an off-line copy of this website?

getquake.gif | InfoWorld/PC Magazine Indices

Reply 32 of 47, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
AdamP wrote:
robertmo wrote:

as the site is no longer available, anyone got a timeline picture somewhere?

Have you tried http://www.archive.org?

The pages are there but not the pictures.

Reply 34 of 47, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sgt76 wrote:

I'm curious, what happened to this site?

Probably couldn't afford to keep paying the hosting fees. I don't think the site carried advertising so the owner was paying for the bandwith out of his own pocket. We may log in to Vogons one day and find it gone when the hosting fees get to be too much.

Reply 35 of 47, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:
sgt76 wrote:

I'm curious, what happened to this site?

Probably couldn't afford to keep paying the hosting fees. I don't think the site carried advertising so the owner was paying for the bandwith out of his own pocket. We may log in to Vogons one day and find it gone when the hosting fees get to be too much.

Hes just ended collecting and sold some stuff at ebay and falconfly.de. Probably not enough time or something. No collection = no reason to pay for hosting. But its true that he should at last upload somewhere copy of his pages.

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info

Reply 37 of 47, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Got in touch and asked for a copy of his site. this is his reply :

Hi yea it's me (Timber), I'd rather hold on to the website then distribute it to people I don't know. Apart from pictures and stuff it didn't have that much info anyway. Sorry mate.

Last edited by Davros on 2011-09-27, 17:39. Edited 1 time in total.

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 38 of 47, by Sol_HSA

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Link him to this thread maybe?

"Apart from pictures and stuff it didn't have that much info anyway." is especially what people want =)

http://iki.fi/sol - my schtuphh