VOGONS

First post, by sam767

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok so i dust off two version of Mortal kombat 3 one with Win9x installing the second without !
installed two Mortal kombat 3 individuallly (Windows 9x and Windows 98) none of them work !

the game shows fine untill i press (Start Game) withing less a millisecond flicks of unknown picture then screen turns Totally BLACK the audio Tracks still playing in Background tho
i tried OpenGL , Direct3D and Software . with and w/out Voodoo 3Dfx Drivers , tried many display Devices (Tseng, Trident extra )
after all these solution i've check MK3 properties by Clicking RMB there's few things in Memory tab i mess with but Absolutely Nothing
i knew i could it play it on DOSBox but it's too fast even adjusting CPU Cycles won't be accurate enough

UWDMAQR.jpg

w8Q2TZK.jpg

Reply 1 of 3, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sam767 wrote on 2020-03-30, 22:09:

i knew i could it play it on DOSBox but it's too fast even adjusting CPU Cycles won't be accurate enough

That seems unlikely.

In any case, if this game runs in DOS, what happens if you restart in MS-DOS mode from Windows 9x in PCem, and then try to run the game?

Reply 3 of 3, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It should work pretty much exactly like any DOS installation, and I'm sure there are lots of guides for that.

/MOD EDIT - Reword and link removed due to links
Google "set up sound card drivers in pcem"