Topic actions

Reply 240 of 242, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kjliew wrote on 2021-11-02, 12:39:
Bruninho wrote on 2021-11-02, 05:33:

Counter-strike 1.6 loads and has a MESA passthrough going, but the mouse pointer in main menu disappears so I can't advance in the game to test.

You can still use the keyboard on the main menu as well as navigate all the options.

Or as shown in this video, use the Force, feel it and let the Force move the mouse for you, young Padawan... 🤣

Fine, I can try that. Maybe some command line arguments for CS1.6 can fix it. I need to investigate it further.

I still need to make GP3 run with the passthrough, though. Motor Racer 1 is not getting it (but I presume you tested with MR2?). And neither GP4 is getting it too. I only managed to get NFS2SE, FIFA 98, FIFA 99 to work. I am yet to try out Flight Simulator 98 and NBA Live 98 (But I think NBA Live 98 will work fine, since FIFA 9x is nearly similar to that game).

I noticed a problem with my XP VM, GP3 does not have video output with any VBEMP driver version I use, I can only get video output when I use 'cirrus-vga' and its driver provided by XP. However, it creates another problem for me: QEMU crashes when I try to move a window in XP desktop, for example. It is fixed when I disable hardware acceleration in XP settings, but then GP3 does not get any video output at all again. It's funny. Could you share your working XP QEMU command line and the video driver you are using for it?

So far, I can see it killing dosbox and pcem for me, so I will stick to UTM (for other operating systems) and qemu-3dfx for these games in particular.

EDIT: BTW, I am using the previous qemu-3dfx code I had to compile, before you updated it three weeks ago.

It didn't load Windows when SDL2 was 2.0.16, but it did when I used 2.0.14.

Anyway, the newest code does not work for me. I get this error with your updated code:

X Error of failed request: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)

and QEMU crashes.

So I reverted to the same code I was using on my previous Intel Mac and recompiled it on my M1, using SDL 2.0.14. Now it works.

Hope this helps.

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
List of ALL Android vulnerabilities
Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 241 of 242, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Bruninho wrote on 2021-11-02, 22:35:

I noticed a problem with my XP VM, GP3 does not have video output with any VBEMP driver version I use, I can only get video output when I use 'cirrus-vga' and its driver provided by XP. However, it creates another problem for me: QEMU crashes when I try to move a window in XP desktop, for example. It is fixed when I disable hardware acceleration in XP settings, but then GP3 does not get any video output at all again. It's funny. Could you share your working XP QEMU command line and the video driver you are using for it?

-device virtio-vga
i think it is the best qemu gfx having best of all cards.

Reply 242 of 242, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@kjliew where can I find the WineD3D for both 9x and XP for use with MESA passthrough? I see that GP3 can do it but I need the right DLLs...

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
List of ALL Android vulnerabilities
Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!