VOGONS

First post, by Domenico

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi everyone I'm new to the group and I would like to have some help from you I have installed shadow warrior on windows 95 via virtual machine or virtual pc on windows 7 and I have installed shadow warrior but there is a problem that the audio cd tracks are not played but only effects how can i solve ??

Reply 4 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Are you playing the game with a physical CD?
Are you play the game with a ISO? There are no audio tracks on a ISO
Are you playing the game with a bin/cue or similar format that supports audio tracks?

Why are you using a VM instead of a port or a emulator for Shadow Warrior?
Use eduke32 or buildgdx for a port. You'll need to convert the music or download a music pack
or
Use DOSBox or pcem for an emulator

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 7, by MrFlibble

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote on 2021-04-17, 14:06:

Use eduke32 or buildgdx for a port. You'll need to convert the music or download a music pack
or
Use DOSBox or pcem for an emulator

IIRC the free GOG version contains the audioo tracks in OGG format. I'm not sure if VoidSW or Raze currently support those though. The SC-55 music pack is the recording of shareware MIDIs which are not the same as the CD Audio soundtrack, but it's better than nothing I guess.

DOS Games Archive | Free open source games | RGB Classic Games

Reply 6 of 7, by Domenico

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

then on dosbox both sound effects and music works but in fullscreen and very slow so I wanted to play on a windows 95 virtual machine anyway and an img file with cue ccd and sub and I mounted the cue because so I listen to the tracks that in the end I don't they work yet in the game menu the music is enabled and I also put the tracks in the music folder and they are 14 tracks in ogg format but the same does not play any music only sound effects

now i am downloading from another site hoping it goes

Reply 7 of 7, by Domenico

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

cheers i did it with windows xp but it should also go on windows 7 by installing driver + audio panel software and everything worked with windows 95 virtual machine

The game shadow warrior now full working with cd audio music