VOGONS

First post, by TheMechanist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

can anyone tell me, if it is possible (and how), to mount more than one hdd disk image with MAME?

there is an option "-harddisk" or "-hard1" that works, but it seems there is no option for mounting more than one image, "hard2" is unknown... the "-debug" window allows only mounting of one hdd image too ..

Thanks

Unchained demo group
swap42

Reply 1 of 3, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

AFAIK, MAME only shows devices that can be actually connected. I guess your system hard disk controller only allows one HDD connected to it, so you'll need to attach another controller to your buses. What MAME system are you trying to use?

(BTW, you can test configurations using Scroll Lock to change keyboard emulation, TAB to access the UI and then slot devices to manage your ISA cards and devices attached to them)

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 2 of 3, by TheMechanist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

the only system I got running was "ct486" (PC/AT 486 with CS4031 chipset, Linux/MAME 0.229) ... starting from command line with -hard1 [image] ... -flop1 option is working too ... unfortunately I didn't find any MAME howtos about PC Emulation & possible command line parameters ... in MAME UI it tells me "machine has no BIOS" which is at least misleading ... and I have no special machine device configuration options in the UI ..

Unchained demo group
swap42

Reply 3 of 3, by TheMechanist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

okay, finally I got it and I'm very impressed about the configuration options ..

(for "my" machine "ct486"):

first list all device slots: mame ct486 -listslots
it shows me "board3:ide:ide:0" and "board3:ide:ide:1" that can be connect to "cdrom" or "hdd", so I added (command line) "-board3:ide:ide:1 hdd" and to mount an image now it's possible to use "-hard2 [imagename]" ...

btw. adding an Adlib card: "-isa1 adlib" or another gfx card (possibilities are listed ..)

Very nice! Now I'm trying to find the best video settings ...

Unchained demo group
swap42