post up pics of your "computing area"

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 2202, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cdoublejj wrote:

wow nice pics, i want the attic full of parts. and how pics of the self full of games and the mac area?

My "parts" are currently spread around the appartment in different shelves abs cupboards and in the basement 😜

More pics will follow 😀

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 61 of 2202, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bushwack wrote:
Amigaz wrote:

My PC/Amiga corner
You'll notice my Steel Series mouse pad is too latge...when I ordered it I must have been drunk 😜

Woot for beer. Oh I have a similarly sized mouse pad and part of my keyboard is on it too, lawl.

Fun looking corner Amigaz.

Thanks 😀

Reply 62 of 2202, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Old Thrashbarg wrote:

@Amigaz

What's that little breakout-box-looking-doodad behind the joystick, next to the A1200?

It's Pyramid Amiga Sound Enhancer which is a clone of this
http://www.amiga-resistance.info/bboahfaq/ind … 3390&artlang=de

Here's what it looks like

sound-enhancer-front.jpg

Reply 64 of 2202, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here's my setup and game box library (lost a few in my journey through life).

mainrig.jpg
studiorig.jpg
oldrig.jpg
synths.jpg
games.jpg

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 65 of 2202, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

How about some updates. got a 720p i hit my windows key plus p and switch over to my tv and use an xbox 360 controller to play some games. i wonder how it might handle dos games maybe using xpadder for the controller ad key emulation.
24848130312485072810086.th.jpg
24848130312477072610086.th.jpg
94191173902820258100867.th.jpg

Reply 67 of 2202, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This my Tandy 286 gaming machine, now complete with its latest upgrade: 4MB of Expanded Memory.

Tandy.JPG

Last edited by digitaldoofus on 2010-04-20, 18:30. Edited 1 time in total.

Once you try retrogaming, you'll never go back...

Reply 69 of 2202, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah, I finally got my pic uploaded -- of my Tandy game machine (second post above ^). I was using Picasa to upload my pic, and for some reason I only linked to a thumbnail the first time. Anyway, as my sig states, this is one of four different rigs I use for my "vintage" PC gaming. I have never used DOSbox. And someday...someday...I will add an Amiga setup to my gaming horde!

PS: I also am cursed with my habit of collecting old videogames and systems -- not just vintage PC stuff!

Reply 70 of 2202, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah. I have a TRS-80 Color Computer 3 with 3 joysticks (just like the one you have next to your Tandy 😁), a disk drive, and a tape drive. The disk drive barely works correctly anymore and I've never gotten the tape drive to work (I acquired it from somebody else, the disk drive I've always owned).

So fun to play those old titles, though. I have a boxed copy of King's Quest III for the CoCo3 but I can't play it because it requires 512K of RAM which I don't have 🙁.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 71 of 2202, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
digitaldoofus wrote:

Yeah, I finally got my pic uploaded -- of my Tandy game machine (second post above ^). I was using Picasa to upload my pic, and for some reason I only linked to a thumbnail the first time. Anyway, as my sig states, this is one of four different rigs I use for my "vintage" PC gaming. I have never used DOSbox. And someday...someday...I will add an Amiga setup to my gaming horde!

PS: I also am cursed with my habit of collecting old videogames and systems -- not just vintage PC stuff!

Yeah, we're missing an Amiga in your picture so I can 100% accept it as a "vintage computer area" yet 😁

Reply 73 of 2202, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Kool setup! Is that a Zip drive you're using (to the left of the floppy)? I really like how the RLX's are so QUIET -- no fans!

Some day, I'd like to get a 1.44mb floppy into my TL/2...but of course, the Tandy controller won't support it (unlike with the RLX series, which does support 1.44 drives).

Reply 74 of 2202, by Cloudschatze

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
digitaldoofus wrote:

Is that a Zip drive you're using (to the left of the floppy)?

It's a SCSI card reader, in which two (1GB) CompactFlash cards are being used as hard-drives.

Reply 75 of 2202, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MusicallyInspired wrote:

Yeah. I have a TRS-80 Color Computer 3 with 3 joysticks (just like the one you have next to your Tandy 😁), a disk drive, and a tape drive. The disk drive barely works correctly anymore and I've never gotten the tape drive to work (I acquired it from somebody else, the disk drive I've always owned).

So fun to play those old titles, though. I have a boxed copy of King's Quest III for the CoCo3 but I can't play it because it requires 512K of RAM which I don't have 🙁.

I used to have a couple of CoCo2's and wished I had a CoCo3 because it had better-looking games.

Reply 76 of 2202, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@Cloudschatze: Awesome! I never thought (or knew how) to hook up a CF reader to use for hard drives -- if not too much trouble, please check the PM I sent you asking for info on your "install" equipment and method.

Reply 77 of 2202, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Alright so I'm going to start off by showing my Main PC area.

0051v.th.jpg

The monitor also functions as a TV so I've got some consoles on it as you can see, namely a Dreamcast , a Nintendo 64 and a PS2.

This is my Retro area 😉
0054.th.jpg

Ignore the white bags, it's just my mother's stuff 😜
The PC on the bottom right is the one I use as a main retro PC.
It consists of the following :

Pentium 3 1GHz
512 MB RAM
Gigabyte BX-2000 (440BX)
GeForce 2 Ti
Voodoo 2 12MB SLI
Sound Blaster AWE 64 Gold
Western Digital 20GB HDD
DVD-RW

I'm very proud of that PC!
The second one on the top left is the one where I experiment. It usually has a Pentium 200 MMX with a Voodoo 1 but since I got a couple of 486 boards and processors I decided to try them out. Sadly, I haven't had any luck yet 🙁

Another pic of that :

0053x.th.jpg

The card on the bottom left is Matrox Mystique 2 MB + 2MB expansion RAM 😜
I also have some games I currently play next to it.

A better picture of my Main Retro PC:
0056d.th.jpg

I made that 3Dfx logo on the case's plexiglass, I really like how it came out!

I have quite a lot of stuff in drawers etc but I can't show everything, here's a little sneak peek in one of my drawers:

0057z.th.jpg

And now some original games that I happen to have :

0055.th.jpg0052ez.th.jpg

Hope you like it, because I sure do 😁

Reply 78 of 2202, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I realy like your case with the large 3DFX logo!!

I haven't checked the forums but have you posted about your non-working 486 mainboards here yet?