Reply 100 of 2202, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
swaaye wrote:
Amigaz wrote:

Yep, but not a 100% lefty
I only use the mouse and play hockey as a left handed person...I'm doing other actions as I right handed person..guess I'm some sort of hybrid 😁

OMG another hybrid lefty!? Right here on VOGONS!? Left hand hockey, right handed mouse here! Left handed baseball, mixed up bowling, left writing, L/R shooting.....

I'm sure you agree with me that we just can't trust these right-handed retro gamers. 😁 😁

Hybrid-handed's for president!!!

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 102 of 2202, by Jan3Sobieski

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Malik wrote:

Thanks so much to Jan3Sobieski for sending me the Covox card!!! 😀

Wow, so it works! That's awesome! It was $1 well spent 😉

I'll be posting pictures of my retro computing area soon, I just have to get around to it. However, my ghetto shelves are done and games are finally out of storage. Unfortunately, they didn't all fit. So more shelving will be required. If I could only figure out where...

bfdd9e101514168.jpg595fb5101514173.jpg675714101514182.jpg

Reply 103 of 2202, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
I'll be posting pictures of my retro computing area soon, I just have to get around to it. However, my ghetto shelves are done a […]
Show full quote

I'll be posting pictures of my retro computing area soon, I just have to get around to it. However, my ghetto shelves are done and games are finally out of storage. Unfortunately, they didn't all fit. So more shelving will be required. If I could only figure out where...

bfdd9e101514168.jpg595fb5101514173.jpg675714101514182.jpg

Nice collection, I love me some big boxes. They are taking over my residence too, I pretty much have had to stop.

Reply 106 of 2202, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sgt76 wrote:

@bushwack: that is some collection, though I'm sure it's only a small part of it. I wonder if you could also post a pic of where/ how you store your 130+ video cards someday. 😀

I have multiple shelves of games and boxes of hardware in the garage, and it's a total disaster in there. Whenever I clean up that mess I'll post up some pics.

Reply 108 of 2202, by recoil2525

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

my retro /testing corner
b76c85101865249.jpg
the retro computer p2 333mhz/256mbram/voodoo3 16mb/win98se
ec62a6101865137.jpg
some of my games
8e7985101865220.jpg
work in progress p4 machine
263511101865177.jpg
one of my main pcs
70d503101865094.jpg
main gaming pc
a1e0b4101865061.jpg
main computer area
3d6400101003912.jpg

http://thecomputercollection.webs.com/
http://the3dfxcollection.webs.com/
http://bioshock-2-online.webs.com/

Reply 109 of 2202, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So Here's an overview of my computer room and a close up of the game shelves, excuse the crappy cut an paste to get them all in a single image.

7f9734103979965.jpg 66d469103979976.jpg 54841f103979982.jpg 67c1bb103979988.jpg 6090d3103979994.jpg f8dcae103980002.jpg f36340103980010.jpg

Set up on the left bottom of the desk is my current i7 PC. On the opposite side under the desk on the top level you have the current consoles. Underneath that is my Windows '98 SE shuttle. To the right of the desk on top of the trunk is my Dual Core 7200 XP machine. You will also notice on the top left of the desk a Roland Mt-32 and SC-55MKII. The monitor is a Sony XBR 9 40" which all of the systems are hooked up to ready to go.

Not pictured is my tri-boot Pentium 90 DOS/WIN95/WIN98 machine which I can't find room for =(.

If you happen to see a game you are interested in and I have duplicates make me a trade offer, I only got the duplicates by accident and would very much like to swap for a unique title.

Reply 111 of 2202, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't see Total Annihilation so not impressed

Lol kidding 😜

Though if you're into any RTS then TA is a must-have! 😉

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 112 of 2202, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As far as I'm concerned I'm still missing quite a number of titles. I'm always on the look out for TA amongst others. =).

Looking through everyone elses pics I see quite a few titles that I would love to have on my shelves. Now I know who I'm competing with sometimes when a bid war seems to come from out of no where.

Reply 114 of 2202, by Anonymous Freak

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Alright, my mess is, well, a mess.

First up is my home office. Nice dual Xeon workstation connected to a 22" LCD as my primary computer (my Linux netbook can be seen as the 'black slab' on top, with my dual external hard drives at the left.) Sitting on top of the workstation is my "nettop", an Atom-based tiny desktop. When I'm not doing "serious" work (most weekends,) I turn off the loud workstation and use the silent nettop. On top is my ViewSonic PS790, whose BNC ports come into excellent utility connecting to some of my older systems, including the SGI Indy and HP 9000-735 that are under the desk at the moment. (Along with an SGI Challenge-S, which is basically an Indy with server bits instead of video bits.) There's also my old gaming rig in the 'CPU cabinet' part of the desk, but I really need to just sell that, as my workstation does everything I need.

Second is my "old and new" shelf. This is a shelf on the wall in the basement right at the foot of the stairs. It houses my internet/phone setup (Cable modem, router, VOIP box,) all connected to a really big UPS, so even if I lose power, I have phone (and wireless internet,) for about eight hours. On the shelf is my "big iron" server, a quad Itanium, presently running Debian Linux and a trial copy of Windows Server 2008 R2. Sitting on top is my excellent-condition Macintosh (original 128K model, its serial number states it was manufactured in 1983!,) Apple IIc, and NeXTstation. I use the Apple IIc as a serial terminal for the Itanium. 😁 The stairs go up behind the wall these are against. UNDER the stairs is my old Macintosh collection. Literally packed in, Tetris-like, filling the entire volume under the stairs. I *REALLY* need to go through those and get rid of most of them. (Need to move from "hoarder" to "collector".) On the shelf above you can see a bunch of boxed video games - Atari published arcade games for the Apple II. I love playing Ms. Pac-Man or Dig-Dug on the IIc.
Yes, the Macintosh has its original keyboard, with numeric keypad, and original external floppy drive. The Apple IIc has its matching monitor and external floppy drive. The NeXT has matching monitor, black SCSI CD-ROM drive, and even the laser printer. If you want a NeXT, there's a near-identical setup on eBay right now, complete with manuals and boxes (I don't have manuals or boxes; not my auction, it's by someone who is on three other vintage computing forums I also visit.)

Next up is my main "workshop" area. Right now the surface is covered with Macs, but the second picture shows the stack of IBMs (with a couple more SGI boxes on top,) awaiting "processing". The large white cabinet is completely full of computer hardware. Mostly "spare parts", but I know there is a Macintosh SE, another Apple IIc, plus a 'stack' of notebooks in there.
Visible on the bench are: Apple Workgroup Server 7350, Macintosh Centris 650 (with A/UX on it right now,) Macintosh SE, Apple IIgs, PowerBook 520c (with Apple-official PowerPC upgrade,) and PowerBook 540c; along with an Apple PowerCD external drive.
Visible in the "stack" are: (From bottom:) IBM PC300 (Pentium III,) IBM PC350 (Pentium), IBM PS/2 Model 77 (486 DX4-100 with CD-ROM drive and 5.25" floppy - sadly *NOT* an Ultimedia, so no sound card,) IBM PS/2 Model 90 (486 DX2-66,) IBM PS/ValuePoint (486 DX-33,) generic "net PC" from the '90s (AMD 5x86-133,) and another pair of SGI Indy and SGI Challenge-S. To the left, in its original carry-case, is a Macintosh Portable, and behind that a Power Macintosh G3 Blue and White (the matching Apple LCD is presently connected to my Itanium because I needed to do some work on it over the weekend.) On top of the monitor at the far left are another PowerBook 520c and a PowerBook 100.
Plenty of floppies and CDs are visible stacked all over the place. I'm in the middle of going through them.

I am in the process of going through my "collection" to bring it down to an actual collection and not just hoarding of old crap. Most of the IBMs in that stack are going to go - they all have *SOMETHING* not quite right with them, and I have another PS/2 Model 77 that works great (although I'll probably transplant the CD-ROM and 5.25" drives over.) Likewise, I currently have about 100 old Macintoshes, and I want, in the end, to pare that down to 10 or fewer.

edit: Nevermind, accidental new topic merged with thread.

Attachments

• Filename
    P1010150.JPG
    File size
    823.63 KiB
    Downloads
    266 downloads
    File comment
    The home office
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    P1010146.JPG
    File size
    410.17 KiB
    Downloads
    270 downloads
    File comment
    Old & New Shelf
    File license
  • Filename
    P1010148.JPG
    File size
    800.91 KiB
    Downloads
    272 downloads
    File comment
    Workshop "bench"
    File license
  • Filename
    P1010149.JPG
    File size
    765.55 KiB
    Downloads
    308 downloads
    File comment
    Workshop cabinet & stack
    File license
Last edited by Anonymous Freak on 2010-10-29, 16:45. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 117 of 2202, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Harekiet wrote:

PC Game collectors have to have lot's of storage space with all these bloody big boxes 😀

I got tired of lugging around multiple cardboard boxes full of game boxes in college and eventually flattened them all (carefully) into 1-2 boxes that now live in a closet. Kind of sad but at least I didn't toss them out...

Anonymous Freak wrote:

GAH! I thought I was posting a reply to this thread, but instead accidentally started a new thread.... Ritzer-fratzin'..... Not going to copy/paste the content of that post, so I guess if you're curious, you'll just have to click that link. (Unless a mod wants to merge the threads...)

Merged!

Reply 118 of 2202, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'd been lugging most of the collection you see in my pictures around with me since their original release dates in plastic storage boxes. It wasn't until this year when I started renting a house that I had a room all to myself to dedicate to my gaming hobby.

For myself however theres nothing more relaxing and comforting than retreating to this room and losing myself amongst the boxes and in the games. Keep a hold of your boxes. Someday you'll have the time and space and regret it if you lose them.

Reply 119 of 2202, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Shagittarius wrote:

Keep a hold of your boxes. Someday you'll have the time and space and regret it if you lose them.

Back in the late 90's I threw many of my big boxes away. We were living in a small apartment and my wife and I had a baby. We ran out of room and just didn't have the room for those big buggers. 🙁