v23dfx.PNG
Filename
v23dfx.PNG
File size
56.22 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

* Retail support for V1 cards, but patch required/recommended for V2.
** Previously reported as not working on V2. I could not find a solution. If you find a way to get these games running, please post!
*** Crashes when starting a race. Manual states no Voodoo2 support.
^ Crashes with error "Out of memory for current_texture_data in setGlideTexInfo" on second level. Known error due to the game not flushing texture in video memory.

SLI=NO means that set SST_SLIDETECT=0 must be included in the batch file for the game to run if you have a SLI setup.

PATCH + BATCH FILES (Voodoo2 ready):

DROPBOX LINKS ARE DEAD, ALL FILES CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM THIS LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/rikziafi8ai33/dosglide

• Archimedean Dynasty (ad_3dfx_v2.zip)
  • Battle Arena Toshinden (tsd3dfx.rar)
  • Blood (blood3dfx.zip)
  • Carmageddon (carma2.zip)
  • Descent II (d2_3dfx_both_patches.zip)
  • EF2000 (ef2000_3dfx.zip)
  • Extreme Assault (extremeassault.zip)
  • Fatal Racing (fatfx.zip)
  • Jet Fighter III (jf3up3.zip)
  • Lands of Lore 2: Guardians of Destiny (ll2_130e.zip)
  • NASCAR Racing 2 (nr2_3dfx.zip)
  • Screamer 2 (S2V2.zip)
  • Screamer Rally (sr3dfx2.zip)
  • Shadow Warrior (sw3dfx.zip)
  • Starfighter 3000 (starfighter_3000_patch3dfx.rar)
  • Tomb Raider (tombrush.zip)
  • UEFA Champions League 96/97 (uefa3dfx.zip)
  • VR Soccer 96 (VRSoccer96_3dfx.rar)
  • Whiplash (whip3dfx.zip)
  • X-Car: Experimental Racing (XCARFX.zip)

All tested on a socket 7 system.

I can also add that many games benefit from the increased the performance of the V2. GTA and Shadow Warrior also allows increased resolutions. The fact that you can't run one or tops two games should not stop you from using a V2 for DOS Glide games. The benefits with increased performance outweighs the drawbacks imo. Hopefully this matrix can stop all the rumours floating around that you must have a V1 for DOS Glide games.

Other DOS Glide lists:
Zeus (nGlide): http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide/compatibility
Gamescollector: http://www.zeus-software.com/forum/viewtopic. … 77&p=1044#p1044
robertmo: Re: Revised list of Voodoo games for DOS.
Stiletto: DOS Glide Games List

Last edited by vetz on 2021-05-11, 21:42. Edited 14 times in total.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 1 of 355, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

excellent! thanks for making this!
I also couldn't make Dreams To Reality work on a voodoo2 or the riva128zx... I could only use the slow software mode :x

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 355, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, there is a patch for Dreams to Reality. Unfortunately I can't find english version of this patch, DE/FR only... Maybe this patch make the game compatible with a Voodoo2...

By the way, original Battlecruiser 3000 A.D. is supporting glide since version 1.07c, so you can add this game to your's list.

Last edited by Gamecollector on 2013-05-20, 12:55. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 355, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Gamecollector wrote:

Well, there is a patch for Dreams to Reality. Unfortunately I can't find english version of this patch, DE/FR only... Maybe this patch make the game compatible with a Voodoo2...

Already tested. I've tried almost all glide2x.ovl as well as different environment settings. I get the 3DFX logo spinning, but that's it.

Patches + batch files now included in first post.

Reply 8 of 355, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Gamecollector wrote:

By the way, original Battlecruiser 3000 A.D. is supporting glide since version 1.07c, so you can add this game to your's list.

Little unsure if to add this old version as it is the same game, just some iterations in patches earlier. The game is freeware now and who plays the older bug filled, unstable version with less features? I tested with 2.09 btw.

I thought EF2000 insisted on a Voodoo1?

Just add that batch file and it flies away on the Voodoo2 😉

I put a link on the wiki page

Cheers 😀 I could probably have made this information on the wiki, but I do not know how to make the tables and stuff that would be required. A link directly to this post should be good though.

Reply 9 of 355, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vetz wrote:

Just add that batch file and it flies away on the Voodoo2 😉

Wasn't there a v2-auto.inf with the drivers that would stick Voodoo Graphics compatibility environment variables to your autoexec.bat?

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 10 of 355, by d1stortion

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

How many games from that list will work on V3+, roughly spoken? I recall you talking about some Voodoo3 patch for Descent in one of your videos.

Also it goes to show that Voodoo2 is a pretty damn versatile card. Still if only Windows Glide games are of concern I'd recommend a later card, because the texture trashing can be noticeable in some games.

Reply 11 of 355, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

Wasn't there a v2-auto.inf with the drivers that would stick Voodoo Graphics compatibility environment variables to your autoexec.bat?

I have no experience with any reference, Fastvoodoo or Creative driver that adds environment variables directly to the autoexec.bat as you describe. If you want to avoid the batch files, then loading the variables directly in the autoexec.bat is of course a solution.

How many games from that list will work on V3+, roughly spoken? I recall you talking about some Voodoo3 patch for Descent in one of your videos.

I know for certain that the unofficial patch to Descent 2 does work on the V3 (as shown in the video). I already have plans on expanding the matrix with V3 and V5. I do actually expect most of the games to run on these cards. I have all the games installed so it should be less work doing more testing.

I will also install Tie Break Tennis on one of my other systems and see if I can get it going. Same goes for Dreams of Reality. I also plan on acquiring Prost Grand Prix to add it to the list.

Reply 12 of 355, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Theoretically Voodoo3/4/5 are working with ALL dynamically linked DOS glide games.
In other words: all except Battle Arena Toshinden, EF2000: Tactcom, Fatal Racing/Whiplash, Starfighter 3000, UEFA CHampions League 96/97, VR Soccer '96. Looks like Dreams to Reality is the exception too.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 14 of 355, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Gamecollector wrote:

Looks like Dreams to Reality is the exception too.

I actually found a post of a user claiming it ran on his Voodoo5 (with only one chip activated). Will be interesting to test.

Davros wrote:

was prost gp dos ?

Yes

Reply 15 of 355, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

By the way - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url= … rost+grand+prix.
Unfortunately there is no shipping to my country. *Censored*

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 16 of 355, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vetz wrote:
Gamecollector wrote:

Looks like Dreams to Reality is the exception too.

I actually found a post of a user claiming it ran on his Voodoo5 (with only one chip activated). Will be interesting to test.

I actually found a post of a user claiming it ran on his Voodoo3 😉
Voodoo 1 & 2 games

Reply 17 of 355, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Fantastic work vetz!

I'm just downloading the GOG.com Version of Tomb Raider and will let you how I go on my Time-Machine 😀

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 18 of 355, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
robertmo wrote:

I actually found a post of a user claiming it ran on his Voodoo3 😉
Voodoo 1 & 2 games

Nice! Did you do anything special?