VOGONS

Reply 260 of 1687, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What would MUNT more often used partial map 2-10 with one synth port , I offer do so :
Synth port 1 parts always 2-10
Synth port 2 parts always 1,11-16
So most often will be use as classic MUNT but where need channels 1 and 11-16 will be used Synth port 2 and will be more load CPU )
But as this will be very rarely in standard games most users this just will not notice )

Reply 261 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
I think MuntVsti 2.0 is ready for testing.
http://falcosoft.hu/munt_vsti_20_test.zip
Here's how the new dual-synth system is working:
1. Dynamic channel separation is implemented. This means that at runtime the 1st synth is asked what channels its parts are associated with and channel based messages belonging to these channels are routed always to 1st synth. Other channel based messages routed to the 2nd synth regardless of its channel configuration. This means that now logically impossible that a channel based message are routed to both synths (so no duplicate processing of notes etc. is possible).
2. Sysex messages are unconditionally sent to both synths making sure inner states are the same. Because of 1. this means that if a midi file sends MT-32 sysex messages it will always use only the 1st synth (this is also true if you use the Roland released GM mode midi or MT32_GM_Mode.syx or MT32_Reset.syx). This achieves the best compatibility.
3. You can set 16 channel MT-32 mode in 2 ways. From the interface by pressing reset synth with MT-32 mode selected or by sending GM OFF sysex message. Then the 1st synth is configured to standard MT-32 state (channels 2..10) and the 2nd synth is configured to use all the other channels (1, 11-16). So e.g. in a DAW you can use all the 16 midi channels with native MT-32 instruments.
4. You can set 16 channel GM mode in also 2 ways. From the interface by pressing reset synth with GM mode selected or by sending GM ON sysex message.
Then the 1st synth is configured to use channels 1..8,10 and the 2nd synth is configured to use all the other channels (9, 11-16).
I hope I was clear. 😀

Edit:
Maximum partials value is now a per synth setting. So in case of e.g. 64 the maximum partials are 128 in 16 channel modes.

Last edited by Falcosoft on 2017-03-15, 10:47. Edited 1 time in total.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 262 of 1687, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you )
This is verry good ) works all ) if use standerd games which need in first 2-10 channels - work only first synth , if need more channels working use both synth.
I this waited very long ) Since MUNT 1.0 )

Only in GM Mode need make also as MT-32

Synth port 1 parts always 2-10
Synth port 2 parts always 1,11-16

Because in as is , sometimes switch of MT-32 to GM mode not correctly due to channel reconfiguration

Reply 263 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Phil('s Computer Lab) has made a video about his Ultimate MIDI Emulator project featuring FSMP
https://youtu.be/vSk9S1bkRS8

Reply 264 of 1687, by nmonte

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!
First of all, huge thanks to Falcosoft for creating such a great player and notably for porting MUNT to VSTi which is a dream come true!
Since Midi Player and BassMidiVsti already support sfogg, would it be hard to add sf2pack support in general (FLAC in particular)?

Reply 265 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
FLAC compressed samples are already supported since the also supported SFZ format frequently uses FLAC compression.
I have not tried sf2pack soundfonts so far but they should work if the samples are really FLAC and not WavePack compressed.
You only have to download bassflac.dll from
http://www.un4seen.com/bass.html#addons
and put the appropriate x86/x64 dll into Midi Player's directory.
WavePack compressed samples are not supported yet.

Reply 266 of 1687, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi )
I use for play SoundFont CoolSoft Virtual MIDI Synth , Is it worth it to expect a separate synthesizer for VST as MUNT ?
Thank you

Edit
I already found

Will be very good if make soundfonts listing in bassmidi vst as this created in CoolSoft Virtual MIDI Synth )
And will be very good if make MIDI Port Switcher as this created in CoolSoft Virtual MIDI Synth ) for WMP in Vista and later
Thank you

Reply 267 of 1687, by nmonte

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Falcosoft wrote:

FLAC compressed samples are already supported since the also supported

Yep, just had to rename my sf2pack soundfont to sf2.
For the purpose of keeping everything in order, please add sf2pack to the list of supported extensions, so it will be easier to distinguish between already packed/not packed soundfonts. There's this tool by kode54 (or mudlord?) that produces soundfonts with sf2pack extension.

Reply 268 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@nmonte:

Yep, just had to rename my sf2pack soundfont to sf2.

I don't think you have to rename the files. The 4th option in the file select dialog is All files (*.*).
So you can open/select any files regardless of their extensions. Adding sf2pack extension explicitly in the current state can be misleading since the format's primary compression method (WavPack) is not supported yet.
http://www.fmjsoft.com/fmt/sf2pack.htm

@Roland User :

Will be very good if make soundfonts listing in bassmidi vst as this created in CoolSoft Virtual MIDI Synth

Why? It's not versatile at all. You cannot even set to which bank you would like to load the soundfonts. So in VMS
you cannot try multiple soundfonts at once, but in FSMP and Bassmidi VSTi you can. Like this:
http://falcosoft.hu/midiplayer_howto.html#a11
EDIT:
Sorry, I was uninformed and I have not seen/tried the 2.x version of VMS. As I see now you can set banks freely. But in 2.0.0.RC this feature does not work for some reasons...

And will be very good if make MIDI Port Switcher as this created in CoolSoft Virtual MIDI Synth ) for WMP

Coolsoft Midi mapper is working perfectly. Why should I replicate it?
http://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/forum/thread/427

Last edited by Falcosoft on 2017-03-17, 12:47. Edited 6 times in total.

Reply 269 of 1687, by Kamerat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Falcosoft wrote:

Phil('s Computer Lab) has made a video about his Ultimate MIDI Emulator project featuring FSMP
https://youtu.be/vSk9S1bkRS8

I don't know if it's any need/will/ease to implement or even possible, but it would have been cool if you could change the configuration of FSMP (change VSTi, sound fonts and MIDI out) by MIDI commands (SysEx?). That way you could have a headless MIDI box and choose synths by commands from a retro PC. 😀

DOS Sound Blaster compatibility: PCI sound cards vs. PCI chipsets
YouTube channel

Reply 271 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@Kamerat:
VSTi plugins and Soundfonts can be any files anywhere in the file system. So while theoretically SysEx messages can code anything (even file paths) I do not think this feature would be easy to use (and implement).
But hey, you can switch between pre-configured soundfonts by sending CC# 0 (Bank select MSB) messages 😀

Reply 272 of 1687, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

->Falcosoft
Not . i said about other.
If I select soundfont , will be load and use currently selected bank only.
I want , that same be in your plugin , this soundfont listing will be very useful

Attachments

• sf.png
    Filename
    sf.png
    File size
    20.69 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Example
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 273 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If I understand you correctly only the list is important for you. Maybe later, since destination bank selection is more important for me, and this list concept is not fully compatible with it.
Currently more soundfonts can be loaded at once and can be reached on different banks. This would not be possible with a simple list concept you want. That's how the Sound Blaster's Soundfont Manager (sfman32) worked anyway, not like the simple list of VMS 1.x.

bsmd1.jpg
Filename
bsmd1.jpg
File size
53.43 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 274 of 1687, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Falcosoft
Yes , but i want , what this be here.
If possible )
Desirable list up to 128 banks in list )

Attachments

• listing.png
    Filename
    listing.png
    File size
    37.2 KiB
    Views
    File license
Last edited by Roland User on 2017-03-17, 16:03. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 277 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe, but I cannot promise it.

Reply 279 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I cannot reproduce your issue. If 'File->Autosave Plugin Bank' is selected in SAVIHost, it always automatically saves/loads soundfont configuration for me. Check that SAVIHost can create 'BassMidiVsti.SAVIHost.fxb' in the folder where BassMidiVsti.dll and BassMidiVsti.exe (renamed SAVIHost.exe) can be found. If there is no 'BassMidiVsti.SAVIHost.fxb in the directory, check that the directory is not write protected (without elevation e.g. 'Program Files' is write protected). If there is BassMidiVsti.SAVIHost.fxb in the directory, try to load it manually with 'Plugin -> Load' and check if it contains the good saved configuration.

Last edited by Falcosoft on 2017-03-17, 23:26. Edited 1 time in total.