VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 2962 of 3949, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:

The setup app detects DX10.0 or DX10.1? Or it says it's unavailable?
Also, does this issue come only with that game or with others too?

Dege, it's the same issue I ran into with my HD 3200. I looked up the PMs we sent each other about the problem and I said back then that, from what I could find on the net, the entire HD 3000/4000 series is affected.

Reply 2963 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
teleguy wrote:
Dege wrote:

The setup app detects DX10.0 or DX10.1? Or it says it's unavailable?
Also, does this issue come only with that game or with others too?

Dege, it's the same issue I ran into with my HD 3200. I looked up the PMs we sent each other about the problem and I said back then that, from what I could find on the net, the entire HD 3000/4000 series is affected.

I remembered it, and was just about to ask you to confirm. The driver couldn't create one of the D3D11 buffers. 😢

Reply 2966 of 3949, by VicRattlehead

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

Where is lensflare in NOLF?
Could you attach a savegame plz?

Ah, right now I only have the demo, the "Mega Mix Demo" in particular, which reports version number 1.002 (coincides with the 1.002 patch for the full game, I assume).

Actually, after looking at the demo more closely, it's possible that the lens flare effect doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the issue. There are other light sources that have lens flares effects in other levels of the demo where I don't get a framerate hit.

This particular area at the start of Alpine Intrigue Scene 4 does give me a performance hit when looking at the light sources. I learned that the more lights I'm looking at, the greater the performance hit. Looking at one of the lights usually doesn't cause a noticeable hit, but looking at three or more makes the game a slideshow. Also, the light source doesn't have to be visible in the camera, as long as I'm looking towards its direction then I get the performance hit.

Screenshot4.jpg
Filename
Screenshot4.jpg
File size
207.02 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Also, I'm sure my PC's weak hardware, an Intel Q8300 and a Radeon HD 6670, have something to do with it. The performance hit is probably unnoticeable with higher end systems.

Here's my save folder anyway, could be compatible with the full game after all.

Filename
Save.zip
File size
271.71 KiB
Downloads
112 downloads
File license

EDIT: Disabling lightmaps gets rid of the performance hit. I think it's only the particular light sources whose lightmaps can change (dimmed when the lights are out) that are giving me the framerate hit. The lights inside the cabin can be switched off and they're the ones tanking my framerate. The game runs smoothly on any other area with any amount of lights as long as those lights can't be turned off. For example, this area later in the level has a lot of lights, none of which can be turned off, and the game runs smoothly here.

Screenshot6.jpg
Filename
Screenshot6.jpg
File size
222.91 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 2969 of 3949, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dege wrote:

I have an announcement:

This week I became affiliated with Good Old Games which means that GoG can now utilize dgVoodoo2 for their game releases.

That's great news since a lot of GoG games would benefit immensely from dgVoodoo2, but will all available updates still be publicly available?

There's a bit too many games with GoG-proprietary fixes.

Did you know that Advent Rising is available on GoG and shadows don't work in it? 😜

Reply 2971 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:

I have an announcement:

This week I became affiliated with Good Old Games which means that GoG can now utilize dgVoodoo2 for their game releases.

April's Fool or for real? 😁 If real you totally deserve the honor (and ALL the games of GoG's catalogue).

Reply 2972 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:
Dege wrote:

I have an announcement:

April's Fool or for real? 😁 If real you totally deserve the honor (and ALL the games of GoG's catalogue).

Thanx! 😀
I know it's 1th April but it's for real. 😀

Reply 2973 of 3949, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dege wrote:
lowenz wrote:
Dege wrote:

I have an announcement:

Thanx! 😀
I know it's 1th April but it's for real. 😀

Well now I don't believe you either 🙁

Stupid day.

Reply 2977 of 3949, by CoolGamer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Congratulations!! GOG should have started using dgVoodoo a long time ago.

There is a serious issue with the Star Wars Pod Racer Demo (DX6.1) via dgVoodooWIP33 and v2.53.
https://archive.org/download/StarWarsEpisodeI … o/racerdemo.exe

The game randomly crashes during a race. The screen turns white and the game crashes. Use default dgVoodoo settings with feature level 10.0 api (or use feature level 10.1 api and activate fast video memory access) to start the game.

Crash is random and it does not happen most of the time, but I found a way to replicate it. Start the race and wait for the countdown to end. If it did not crash, press "ESC" key and choose "Restart Race". Just repeat this a couple of times and you will eventually see the crash.

I did not experience the crash with the full version of the game. It only happens in the demo version for some reason.

Reply 2978 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:

I have an announcement:

Congrats.
But how this affects your releases? Will you still update DgVooDoo for average Joe here?
When you say 'use' you mean , they have the source code? They can make updates to the code?

If you continue to develop the wrapper will you provide the updates to GOG?

Thanks.

Reply 2979 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MrEWhite wrote:
Dege wrote:

I have an announcement:

Hell yes!
Blood II maybe?

I hope. 😀
But it'd need the new version, 2.53 crashes for Alt-Tab on Win10.

Firtasik wrote:

Congrats! 😎

CoolGamer wrote:
Congratulations!! GOG should have started using dgVoodoo a long time ago. […]
Show full quote

Congratulations!! GOG should have started using dgVoodoo a long time ago.

There is a serious issue with the Star Wars Pod Racer Demo (DX6.1) via dgVoodooWIP33 and v2.53.
https://archive.org/download/StarWarsEpisodeI … o/racerdemo.exe

The game randomly crashes during a race. The screen turns white and the game crashes. Use default dgVoodoo settings with feature level 10.0 api (or use feature level 10.1 api and activate fast video memory access) to start the game.

Crash is random and it does not happen most of the time, but I found a way to replicate it. Start the race and wait for the countdown to end. If it did not crash, press "ESC" key and choose "Restart Race". Just repeat this a couple of times and you will eventually see the crash.

I did not experience the crash with the full version of the game. It only happens in the demo version for some reason.

Thanks!
It seems something isn't really good with DX6 yet (including your report about Fog City).