dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

General information and assistance with dgVoodoo.

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby Nucleoprotein » 2017-3-29 @ 05:12

13.9 is veeeery old driver, install 15.7.1 or later.
Nucleoprotein
Newbie
 
Posts: 90
Joined: 2016-7-02 @ 20:53

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby teleguy » 2017-3-29 @ 07:40

13.9 is AMD's legacy driver. There are no newer drivers for this card.
teleguy
Member
 
Posts: 347
Joined: 2004-2-28 @ 18:54

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby teleguy » 2017-3-29 @ 10:26

Dege wrote:The setup app detects DX10.0 or DX10.1? Or it says it's unavailable?
Also, does this issue come only with that game or with others too?


Dege, it's the same issue I ran into with my HD 3200. I looked up the PMs we sent each other about the problem and I said back then that, from what I could find on the net, the entire HD 3000/4000 series is affected.
teleguy
Member
 
Posts: 347
Joined: 2004-2-28 @ 18:54

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby Dege » 2017-3-29 @ 18:12

teleguy wrote:
Dege wrote:The setup app detects DX10.0 or DX10.1? Or it says it's unavailable?
Also, does this issue come only with that game or with others too?


Dege, it's the same issue I ran into with my HD 3200. I looked up the PMs we sent each other about the problem and I said back then that, from what I could find on the net, the entire HD 3000/4000 series is affected.


I remembered it, and was just about to ask you to confirm. The driver couldn't create one of the D3D11 buffers. :depressed:
Dege
Oldbie
 
Posts: 904
Joined: 2003-9-04 @ 11:06

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby VicRattlehead » 2017-3-30 @ 10:18

Similar to my issue with Blade of Darkness, lens flares also cause a huge performance hit in No One Lives Forever. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to disable the lens flare effect in that game.
VicRattlehead
Newbie
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 2016-11-12 @ 08:08

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby Dege » 2017-3-30 @ 10:33

Where is lensflare in NOLF?
Could you attach a savegame plz?
Dege
Oldbie
 
Posts: 904
Joined: 2003-9-04 @ 11:06

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby VicRattlehead » 2017-3-30 @ 12:23

Dege wrote:Where is lensflare in NOLF?
Could you attach a savegame plz?


Ah, right now I only have the demo, the "Mega Mix Demo" in particular, which reports version number 1.002 (coincides with the 1.002 patch for the full game, I assume).

Actually, after looking at the demo more closely, it's possible that the lens flare effect doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the issue. There are other light sources that have lens flares effects in other levels of the demo where I don't get a framerate hit.

This particular area at the start of Alpine Intrigue Scene 4 does give me a performance hit when looking at the light sources. I learned that the more lights I'm looking at, the greater the performance hit. Looking at one of the lights usually doesn't cause a noticeable hit, but looking at three or more makes the game a slideshow. Also, the light source doesn't have to be visible in the camera, as long as I'm looking towards its direction then I get the performance hit.

Screenshot4.jpg


Also, I'm sure my PC's weak hardware, an Intel Q8300 and a Radeon HD 6670, have something to do with it. The performance hit is probably unnoticeable with higher end systems.

Here's my save folder anyway, could be compatible with the full game after all.

Save.zip
(271.71 KiB) Downloaded 4 times


EDIT: Disabling lightmaps gets rid of the performance hit. I think it's only the particular light sources whose lightmaps can change (dimmed when the lights are out) that are giving me the framerate hit. The lights inside the cabin can be switched off and they're the ones tanking my framerate. The game runs smoothly on any other area with any amount of lights as long as those lights can't be turned off. For example, this area later in the level has a lot of lights, none of which can be turned off, and the game runs smoothly here.

Screenshot6.jpg
VicRattlehead
Newbie
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 2016-11-12 @ 08:08

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby Myloch » 2017-3-30 @ 22:50

I had similar performance hit when multiple lights onscreen with some old fifa title (99 or something like that)
"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"
User avatar
Myloch
Member
 
Posts: 350
Joined: 2007-4-18 @ 22:13

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby Dege » 2017-4-01 @ 13:42

I have an announcement:

This week I became affiliated with Good Old Games which means that GoG can now utilize dgVoodoo2 for their game releases.
Dege
Oldbie
 
Posts: 904
Joined: 2003-9-04 @ 11:06

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby ZellSF » 2017-4-01 @ 13:53

Dege wrote:I have an announcement:

This week I became affiliated with Good Old Games which means that GoG can now utilize dgVoodoo2 for their game releases.

That's great news since a lot of GoG games would benefit immensely from dgVoodoo2, but will all available updates still be publicly available?

There's a bit too many games with GoG-proprietary fixes.

Did you know that Advent Rising is available on GoG and shadows don't work in it? :P
ZellSF
Oldbie
 
Posts: 791
Joined: 2006-1-01 @ 18:19

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby Dege » 2017-4-01 @ 13:58

Yes of course, subsequent dgVoodoo releases will continue to be publicly available.

ZellSF wrote:Did you know that Advent Rising is available on GoG and shadows don't work in it? :P


Hmm, no, I didn't. :)
Dege
Oldbie
 
Posts: 904
Joined: 2003-9-04 @ 11:06

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby lowenz » 2017-4-01 @ 14:35

Dege wrote:I have an announcement:

This week I became affiliated with Good Old Games which means that GoG can now utilize dgVoodoo2 for their game releases.

April's Fool or for real? :D If real you totally deserve the honor (and ALL the games of GoG's catalogue).
lowenz
Oldbie
 
Posts: 729
Joined: 2014-12-20 @ 01:30

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby Dege » 2017-4-01 @ 14:44

lowenz wrote:
Dege wrote:I have an announcement:

This week I became affiliated with Good Old Games which means that GoG can now utilize dgVoodoo2 for their game releases.

April's Fool or for real? :D If real you totally deserve the honor (and ALL the games of GoG's catalogue).

Thanx! :)
I know it's 1th April but it's for real. :)
Dege
Oldbie
 
Posts: 904
Joined: 2003-9-04 @ 11:06

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby ZellSF » 2017-4-01 @ 14:44

Dege wrote:
lowenz wrote:
Dege wrote:I have an announcement:

This week I became affiliated with Good Old Games which means that GoG can now utilize dgVoodoo2 for their game releases.

April's Fool or for real? :D If real you totally deserve the honor (and ALL the games of GoG's catalogue).

Thanx! :)
I know it's 1th April but it's for real. :)

Well now I don't believe you either :(

Stupid day.
ZellSF
Oldbie
 
Posts: 791
Joined: 2006-1-01 @ 18:19

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby Dege » 2017-4-01 @ 14:50

I also updated my site, GOG's logo is now there. So, it's not a joke.
Dege
Oldbie
 
Posts: 904
Joined: 2003-9-04 @ 11:06

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby Firtasik » 2017-4-01 @ 15:10

Congrats! :cool:
11 1 111 11 1 1 1 1 1 11 1 1 111 1 111 1 1 1 1 111
User avatar
Firtasik
Member
 
Posts: 356
Joined: 2013-7-21 @ 19:07

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby MrEWhite » 2017-4-01 @ 16:10

Dege wrote:I have an announcement:

This week I became affiliated with Good Old Games which means that GoG can now utilize dgVoodoo2 for their game releases.

Hell yes!
Blood II maybe?
User avatar
MrEWhite
Oldbie
 
Posts: 914
Joined: 2014-8-19 @ 20:08

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby CoolGamer » 2017-4-01 @ 18:11

Congratulations!! GOG should have started using dgVoodoo a long time ago.

There is a serious issue with the Star Wars Pod Racer Demo (DX6.1) via dgVoodooWIP33 and v2.53.
https://archive.org/download/StarWarsEp ... erdemo.exe

The game randomly crashes during a race. The screen turns white and the game crashes. Use default dgVoodoo settings with feature level 10.0 api (or use feature level 10.1 api and activate fast video memory access) to start the game.

Crash is random and it does not happen most of the time, but I found a way to replicate it. Start the race and wait for the countdown to end. If it did not crash, press "ESC" key and choose "Restart Race". Just repeat this a couple of times and you will eventually see the crash.

I did not experience the crash with the full version of the game. It only happens in the demo version for some reason.
CoolGamer
Newbie
 
Posts: 60
Joined: 2017-1-14 @ 17:22

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby daniel_u » 2017-4-01 @ 18:15

Dege wrote:I have an announcement:

This week I became affiliated with Good Old Games which means that GoG can now utilize dgVoodoo2 for their game releases.



Congrats.
But how this affects your releases? Will you still update DgVooDoo for average Joe here?
When you say 'use' you mean , they have the source code? They can make updates to the code?

If you continue to develop the wrapper will you provide the updates to GOG?

Thanks.
User avatar
daniel_u
Member
 
Posts: 187
Joined: 2015-1-11 @ 12:19

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby Dege » 2017-4-01 @ 19:22

MrEWhite wrote:
Dege wrote:I have an announcement:

This week I became affiliated with Good Old Games which means that GoG can now utilize dgVoodoo2 for their game releases.

Hell yes!
Blood II maybe?


I hope. :)
But it'd need the new version, 2.53 crashes for Alt-Tab on Win10.

Firtasik wrote:Congrats! :cool:


CoolGamer wrote:Congratulations!! GOG should have started using dgVoodoo a long time ago.

There is a serious issue with the Star Wars Pod Racer Demo (DX6.1) via dgVoodooWIP33 and v2.53.
https://archive.org/download/StarWarsEp ... erdemo.exe

The game randomly crashes during a race. The screen turns white and the game crashes. Use default dgVoodoo settings with feature level 10.0 api (or use feature level 10.1 api and activate fast video memory access) to start the game.

Crash is random and it does not happen most of the time, but I found a way to replicate it. Start the race and wait for the countdown to end. If it did not crash, press "ESC" key and choose "Restart Race". Just repeat this a couple of times and you will eventually see the crash.

I did not experience the crash with the full version of the game. It only happens in the demo version for some reason.

Thanks!
It seems something isn't really good with DX6 yet (including your report about Fog City).
Dege
Oldbie
 
Posts: 904
Joined: 2003-9-04 @ 11:06

PreviousNext

Return to dgVoodoo General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests