VOGONS

First post, by 5m3gk1ll3r

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

Can anyone provide me with a step by step guide that works to install Elder Scrolls 2 Daggerfall with doxsbox on the raspberry PI 3 ?

I have tried numerous guides on getting this working. I can't seem to figure it out - I keep getting director does not exist error message

Thanks in advance anyone that will be willing to help

Reply 2 of 7, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'd give up on this as the Pi3 doesn't have enough juice to give the cycles Daggerfall wants (which would be something like 60000-230000 AT LEAST). and considering there is no dynarec on the Dosbox for Pi....

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 7, by Super_Relay

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
leileilol wrote:

I'd give up on this as the Pi3 doesn't have enough juice to give the cycles Daggerfall wants (which would be something like 60000-230000 AT LEAST). and considering there is no dynarec on the Dosbox for Pi....

I have not tried daggerfall so im not sure of how well it will hold up but if you compile dobox carefully you can get dynarec working.

if you get your display to do the scaling rather than the pi and farm out music to external midi then you can get doom to max out its fps on a pi3 with a mild overclock. Quake is single digit fps though.

the dobox from the raspbian repo is compiled for armv6 without dynarec support. I believe the one in retropie compiles it correctly if you get it to "install from source" but you get some overhead.

Ill see if i can get daggerfall to install tonight on mine

Reply 5 of 7, by 5m3gk1ll3r

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Super_Relay wrote:
I have not tried daggerfall so im not sure of how well it will hold up but if you compile dobox carefully you can get dynarec wo […]
Show full quote
leileilol wrote:

I have not tried daggerfall so im not sure of how well it will hold up but if you compile dobox carefully you can get dynarec working.

if you get your display to do the scaling rather than the pi and farm out music to external midi then you can get doom to max out its fps on a pi3 with a mild overclock. Quake is single digit fps though.

the dobox from the raspbian repo is compiled for armv6 without dynarec support. I believe the one in retropie compiles it correctly if you get it to "install from source" but you get some overhead.

Ill see if i can get daggerfall to install tonight on mine

did u have any luck?

Reply 7 of 7, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

^ This. The Pi can generally emulate into 386 territory with DOSBox, but struggles with more demanding titles.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder