Common searches

First post, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
You only have until June 30th to buy Williams and Bally tables! […]
Show full quote

You only have until June 30th to buy Williams and Bally tables!

Our longstanding licenses for the Williams and Bally pinball trademarks will finally come to an end on June 30th, 2018. Therefore, after this date tables from these manufacturers will no longer be offered for sale within the Pinball Arcade. However, customers who purchased any of these tables prior to the deadline will continue to own them and have access to them within the Pinball Arcade, and we will continue to support them as we do the other tables in our collection. This change will affect all of our devices and platforms.

So if you’ve ever been interested in owning these great tables, please purchase them now, before they disappear!

FarSight will continue to release new tables for the Pinball Arcade. We are excited to announce that Season 8 will launch later this summer and will feature all of the recent Stern tables in Stern Pinball Arcade along with several new tables.

We’d like to sincerely thank all of our customers and fans over the past decade. Your amazing support of our game has helped build the Pinball Arcade into the greatest pinball simulation of all time. Pinball forever!

Source: http://www.pinballarcade.com/News/

Thanks to snorg for mentioning this in the following thread:
FYI: Steam drops XP/Vista in 2019

Reply 1 of 2, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was pretty surprised when I heard it originally.

You can still get the tables until the end of this month, but each season ranges from $29.99 to $39.99 and there are no discounts (compared to past steams sales where each season was $10-$15).

The cynic in me assumes it is one last chance to make a cash grab before the Bally and Williams IP is pulled.

The tables are really good quality, though. Gorgar and Pinbot are exactly as I remember them.

Reply 2 of 2, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The basically unheralded demise of LittleWing Pinball was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this Pinball Arcade announcement, and that prompted me to make the post. LittleWing had a sale on all their tables and then just stopped selling everything except the iOS table without saying a word.

A reminder to not take things for granted.