VOGONS

First post, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello Forum,

I was going to send a mesage to DEGE but the forum doesnt let me write messages anymore 🙁 So i put my question here.

Has DGVoodoo ever been considered to provide Side By Side Stereo output ?
Or would something like that be impossible at all ?

RJ

Request a game profile for VorpX - VorpX Inofficial Gamelist - RJs VorpX Games

Reply 2 of 8, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello Dege,

Thanks for answering. I was asking because i recently went into VR.
There are some VR drivers that we can play many DX9 games with, but no DX 8 and lower.
The DEV of a certain driver said it might not be possible to hook into DGVoodoo becasue of some
rendering issiues (rasterizing or something), but in my opinion there should still be a way
through side by side.

May be some day is great, other Devs dont even answer to a users question.

Cheers
RJ

Reply 3 of 8, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RJ8 wrote:
There are some VR drivers that we can play many DX9 games with, but no DX 8 and lower. The DEV of a certain driver said it might […]
Show full quote

There are some VR drivers that we can play many DX9 games with, but no DX 8 and lower.
The DEV of a certain driver said it might not be possible to hook into DGVoodoo becasue of some
rendering issiues (rasterizing or something), but in my opinion there should still be a way
through side by side.

What VR driver is it? Rasterization shouldn't be a problem because nVidia 3D vision basically works with dgVoodoo.

Reply 4 of 8, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello Dege,

The Driver is called VorpX.

If you like, read about the whole discussion here. ( I wonder what you think about this )

https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/dgvoodoo2- … ile-whats-that/

"...... My assumption is that dgVoodoo only uses DirectX for rasterization not for the actual geometry transform....."

(Ralf is the Programmer of the Driver)

RJ

Reply 5 of 8, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I post this here because it might be of some interest.

The VR Driver i have mentioned above now supports DGVooDoo2, meaning that VorpX users can play DX7/8 games in stereoscopic 3D (G3D).
(Windows 10 only), Windows 7 seems to have a DX11 incompatibilty where DGVoodo can only be used in mono (yet).

If anyone manages to get stereo on WIN 7, PLEASE let me know !!

Thanks RJ

Reply 7 of 8, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The DX 11.1 update for WIN7 (Official DX11.1 update from Microsoft) makes DGVoodoo work again with VorpX, but unfortunately no stereo output.

On the other hand, this https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases DX8toDX9 wrapper for example provides nice 3D Stereo together with vorpX on Win7.

Reply 8 of 8, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It appears that each game is different with DGVoodoo and VorpX in Stereo 3D. So today i can say DGVoodoo works together with VorpX mainly, but just not with every game.

BTW: A few games i have fixed to work with VorpX are : Madagascar, Spiderman 2, Dune !! , The Thing, Indiana Jones 6 (Kaisergruft / Emperors Tomb) . A profile for each of them can be downloaded from the VorpX cloud.

RJ