VOGONS

First post, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK, you asked for it, you got it. This is a complete, self-contained VisualStudio 2010 build environment for DOSBox SVN. It contains the current SVN source, easily updated in the future.

You'll need VS2010 installed. Download and extract the 7z file; double-click on StartVisualStudioProject.cmd, right-click on "dosbox" and click Build. In a few minutes DOSBox.exe will open in the Binaries folder.

http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/DOSBoxSource-VS2010.7z

The archive has a lot of cruft in it that it doesn't need, and the additional include directories list has things that aren't needed, but I didn't bother clearing them out.

Enjoy!

EDIT: And I've now put together a similar package for VS2015/17:

http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/DOSBoxSource-VS2015.7z

Reply 1 of 2, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks! Works fine for release, but debug doesn't have the settings changed. I can change that if need be.

Anyway, what is the reason for using old versions of zlib and libpng?

Also noticed that Curses is not used for this build? What is the reason for not including it?

I've got pdcurses in my environment.. just working on finishing getting everything working together. Seems like maybe some things were set to use different SDK and/or toolset versions. I need to go back and verify.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 2, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote:

Anyway, what is the reason for using old versions of zlib and libpng?

Also noticed that Curses is not used for this build? What is the reason for not including it?

I've got pdcurses in my environment.. just working on finishing getting everything working together. Seems like maybe some things were set to use different SDK and/or toolset versions. I need to go back and verify.

The reason for the old versions of zlib and libpng is this: those were the versions I had when I started compiling DOSBox years and years ago. You're right that things were set for different versions.

I did this merely as a public service - I actually work on a very different custom build. If you can make these fixes and update the libraries, let me know, and I'll update the build on my site. Thank you!