VOGONS

First post, by Quake161

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes yes, another one. I've went through all the forums here looking for a work around and haven't found a proper solution.

Lets first get these out of the way:
-No access to a VPC
-Running windows 7
-Running Dosbox 0.74
-Own both the original Duke3d disc and the Plutonium disc.

Once I have installed Duke in dosbox, I proceeded to try the Plutonium disc and update the game.
It stated that "The patch had failed, please reinstall" message. I then found the PPack15 on 3drealms' site. Tried again, same result.
Came onto the forum to try the timestamp issue. I did get the computer and dosbox to install all the files using the "1996 13:40" time and date.
Verified it though both dosbox and the windows explorer.
Tried installing the patch, Same result.

At this point I'm just disappointed. Is there something I'm missing/applying wrong?

Reply 5 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Usually not a good idea to recommend Daum. It is broken and as noted, it is completely unsupported, so if there are issues you are on your own.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 6 of 6, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I waded thru this headache myself and said heck with it and ordered the Atomic edition (has all updates/add ons built in) off ebay, worked fine with my XP rig running Dosbox/D-fend Reloaded.

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W