VOGONS

First post, by Darkfalz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Did the original DOS version of Lemmings have any type of Adlib/SB/General MIDI music? If so, how to enable?

Reply 1 of 7, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It has AdLib music. The game auto-detects it, but in DOSBox the cycles count shouldn't be too high. Also, the game has either sound effects or music.

In the menu, press F3 to toggle between sound effects and music (if a sound card has been detected).

Reply 3 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There's the "Lemmings for Windows 95" remake (which I think is also included in Lemmings Paintball). Or you could just emulate the Amiga original for the full experience.

Reply 4 of 7, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The remakes and rereleases after 1994 tend to remove the special levels (which were probably deemed "too scary") and have a inconsistent random music order with some pretty crappy sounding midis, though

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 5 of 7, by DoubleU

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
leileilol wrote:

The remakes and rereleases after 1994 tend to remove the special levels (which were probably deemed "too scary") and have a inconsistent random music order with some pretty crappy sounding midis, though

Actually, it's not that they were "too scary", but for copyright reasons; those were earlier Psygnosis games.

Reply 7 of 7, by David_OSU

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Darkfalz wrote:

Okay I got it to detect it by settings cycles 2500. I wish there was a SVGA remake with General MIDI or something 😀

I prefer Lemmings 95 along with a good soundfont for the MIDI music. You can see an entire level on a 1080p monitor using windowed mode.