Common searches

What game are you playing now?

Topic actions

Reply 1340 of 5854, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm back to playing Dawn of War 2 Retribution: Elite Mod and I'm getting my ass handed to me so hard.. Wow, and I used to be OK at this game (50/50 W/L) now I am a total noob again (5/95 W/L).

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 1342 of 5854, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

pszBMpk.png

Sailor Moon Bishoujo Senshi Fuwa Fuwa Panic, a SNES bubble popper game. Pretty fun.

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 1343 of 5854, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
oeuvre wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/pszBMpk.png […]
Show full quote

pszBMpk.png

Sailor Moon Bishoujo Senshi Fuwa Fuwa Panic, a SNES bubble popper game. Pretty fun.

When graphics were the best in the 1990's. I remember playing Bubble Bobble (Arcade) back in the old days.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 1344 of 5854, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
oeuvre wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/pszBMpk.png […]
Show full quote

pszBMpk.png

Always have had a soft spot for bubble pop games. That and Baku Baku Animal from Sega. Oh my. Wasted many hours on Baku Baku.

Reply 1345 of 5854, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've put 4 3/4 hrs into Stonekeep this week, bringing my total game playtime to 17 hrs and 15 min. I cleared the first level of the Sharga mines in 3 and a half hrs and am currently 80 minutes into the 2nd level of the mines.
On F.E.A.R., I got to Interval 09-B Bypass. Nearing the end, probably about 90% close to finishing.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 1346 of 5854, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
clueless1 wrote:

On F.E.A.R., I got to Interval 09-B Bypass. Nearing the end, probably about 90% close to finishing.

How are you enjoying F.E.A.R? It's one of my fave shooters - such tight game-play and that A.I is genius.

I'm still working my way through Gothic II - I have dragon fatigue at the moment after killing 3 of (I think) the 4 that I need to do away with. I should just power through and finish what has been a really great experience.

8_zpsd5fuuyyl.jpg

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 1347 of 5854, by AlaricD

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
AlaricD wrote:

FarmVille '76. I mean, Fallout '76.

Fallout '76 is still not yet ready for prime time. I'll wait for a couple more patches before I pick it back up again.

This weekend, I spent HOURS playing Age of Empires (with the Rise of Rome expansion) on my Pentium 200-S (80MB RAM, acres of mixed PATA and SCSI hard drives, Graphics Blaster MA202, SB16 PnP). I usually run medium, not large, maps, because it'll have slowdowns on a large map. Maybe more RAM would help, although that will increase the amount of uncached RAM. I suppose I could set the SHELL to the game binary instead of EXPLORER.EXE to give it a little more room to run in.

Reply 1348 of 5854, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
badmojo wrote:
clueless1 wrote:

How are you enjoying F.E.A.R? It's one of my fave shooters - such tight game-play and that A.I is genius.

It's a good time, for sure, especially when the horror stuff kicks in. I agree with you on the AI too. It's a bit longer than I expected (howlongtobeat.com and gamefaqs peg it at <15 hrs, but it feels like I've been playing for >25 hrs) and the lack of variety between missions means it's getting a little old towards the end. It's not going to be a memorable game like a Half-Life or RtCW, but it's solid entertainment with a good story and not too hard (I'm playing on Moderate and have not had any situations where it's gotten too hard).

Reply 1349 of 5854, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm getting ready to pick my next FPS since I finished F.E.A.R. I've got it narrowed down to Half-Life 2 Update, Bioshock Remastered, Clive Barker's Undying, and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Any suggestions from those four?

Reply 1351 of 5854, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Shagittarius wrote:

Bioshock is the best, but I love Undying as well. Bioshock is the more accessible. Have you not played any of these?

I played HL2 and Undying when they came out, but never got too far into them. Never played Bioshock or MoH:AA other than checking them out briefly after installing them. I've watched plenty of YT videos of their gameplay and read lots of reviews on them. I do lots of research on games (including asking opinions on here) before deciding what to play next.

Reply 1352 of 5854, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Given you just played your way through a claustraphobic shoot with F.E.A.R, maybe HL2 is the way to go? Some beautiful outdoor locations in that game. My runner up out of that lot would be Bioshock - it's the definition of claustraphobic but I quite enjoyed that one.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 1353 of 5854, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm playing Half-Life 2 right now. I think I'll be going for some Medal of Honor next. Whichever one has you storm Normandy was always a favorite 😀

Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?

Reply 1354 of 5854, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
badmojo wrote:

Given you just played your way through a claustraphobic shoot with F.E.A.R, maybe HL2 is the way to go? Some beautiful outdoor locations in that game. My runner up out of that lot would be Bioshock - it's the definition of claustraphobic but I quite enjoyed that one.

Excellent point. In a similar vein, I think I'm crossing Undying off because of it would be another horror-themed game. I think I'll play a bit of the beginning of each of the remaining 3 and watch a little more gameplay on YT before narrowing it down. If I play MOHAA, I have the option of playing on period correct hardware (almost always a plus in my book).

Reply 1355 of 5854, by Crank9000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Fun fact: I never finished Undying because being right handed myself it bothered me to no end how the player character wielded his gun on his left hand and ultimately just had to stop. I'm not even kidding. Other than that I remember it being an okay 3.5/5 game.

Reply 1356 of 5854, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Crank9000 wrote:

Fun fact: I never finished Undying because being right handed myself it bothered me to no end how the player character wielded his gun on his left hand and ultimately just had to stop. I'm not even kidding. Other than that I remember it being an okay 3.5/5 game.

Funny, I AM left-handed and it still bothers me a little that I don't at least have the choice to change handedness in this game.

I've eliminated Undying and Bioshock, at least for now. I will probably play them at some point in the future, but for now, it's between MOHAA and HL2. I played about 30 minutes of each and really enjoyed both. Tough call...

Also played some Stonekeep earlier this morning and got to the Temple of Throggi (7th level). So far I've put 19.5 hrs into this game since I started it three weeks ago.

edit: It's settled! I decided on MOHAA. I'm an hour and a half into it and am already at Objective 2 of Mission 2. Looking forward to Mission 3: Objective Overlord where I get to play through Omaha Beach! If it continues to go this quickly, I should be able to finish the game in around 10-15 hrs, which will be nice. I'm a sucker for WWII shooters (remember, RtCW is my favorite FPS series of all time), so this game is right up my alley.

Reply 1357 of 5854, by Crank9000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been planning to replay all the 90's FPS classics for some time now, Doom -> Doom 2 -> Final Doom -> Duke 3D -> Quake + expansions -> Quake 2 + expansions, just been waiting for the correct mood. Well, the granddaddy Doom turned 25 and my favorite source port Doomsday got updated to 2.1 at the same time, so I figured it's time. The plan was to try to play a level a day if I can and feel like it.

I played four levels at one go! The first three of Knee-Deep in the Dead + secret level. I didn't realize how much I have missed that old school "here's a shotgun and there's a level full of bastards, go rock out with your balls out" way, I haven't had this much fun with an FPS in years! Naturally playing on ultraviolence (the only acceptable difficulty level) with previously mentioned Doomsday source port and Sycrafts remixed soundtracks for the extra oomph. I've got no nostalgy for Roland music, never owned one and I didn't even have a PC back when Doom was released. All I got was a PlayStation (which I still love today) until around 1999 or threreabouts, had to play PC games at my friends before that.

Looking forwards for the fourth episode of Doom, never played that even though I've played A LOT of Doom back in the day. just never had a copy that had that back then and when I finally got one I just never got around to play it. Then there's also Duke's fourth episode and the expansions for both Quakes, never played them either. Final Doom I've played only on Playstation and I've never played PC's master levels, so there's plenty of levels I've never seen there too.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think my chainsaw and I got some work to do.

Reply 1358 of 5854, by Crank9000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Knee-Deep done and started Shores already. I think I maybe should to slow down my pace to make sure I won't burn myself out, got plenty of games to go through. But easier said than done, I'm having a blast!

Also I kinda had forgotten how scary Doom can still be even after 25 years, at least I get to chainsaw the bastards after they make me soil my pants.

Reply 1359 of 5854, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've got 22 hrs logged on Stonekeep and am in the middle of Level 7 (Temple of Throggi). And on Medal of Honor, I'm in Mission 3 (just finished the Omaha Beach section). I've got a total of 3 hrs logged on this game so far. Seems like this will be a short game. If the missions continue being about 1.5 hrs like the first two, this game will be <10 hrs.