VOGONS

First post, by Windows9566

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

OlDjRHD.jpg

I just got a AppleColor composite monitor IIe for my Apple IIe, it works but has discoloration on the upper left corner (yellow splotch on the upper left) and lower right corner (blue splotch on lower right)
any way to fix it? or is it there forever.

R5 5600X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3060 TI, Win11
P3 600, 256 MB RAM, nVidia Riva TNT2 M64, SB Vibra 16S, Win98
PMMX 200, 128 MB RAM, S3 Virge DX, Yamaha YMF719, Win95
486DX2 66, 32 MB RAM, Trident TGUI9440, ESS ES688F, DOS

Reply 1 of 2, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Degaussing operation after power on (that thunk sound) should fix such things. This is caused by magnetization of the mask in the screen or nearby magnetic field (i.e from non shielded speakers). Sometimes you need to power on the monitor several times (with few minute breaks) to fix that. Also changing positioning of the monitor while it is running can cause this, in which case another degauss operation is likely needed though effects of that should be far more subtle.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 2 of 2, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You could also take a risk and use a strong magnet on the case and swipe back from the front side of the case (where the discoloration appears) to the rear where the tube ends. I have fixed a couple of TV's with this method, but it might require a few tries and you might experience stronger discoloring at first. Also, I don't take any responsibility if you make it worse, but if it's already ruined then what's the harm?