VOGONS

Games that work in VR (3D) with DGVoodoo2

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 104, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield Gold - 1rst Person RPG, Shooter with the Unrealengine 2. Profile created with DGVoodo2 v 2.55.4.1

Request a game profile for VorpX - VorpX Inofficial Gamelist - RJs VorpX Games

Reply 41 of 104, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello, ive done some testing with Glide , Of coarse no real 3D reconstruction, but some kind of “fake depth” on distant objects as well as popping out HUD elements makes the old glide stuff appear relatively nice on high resolutions. At least it makes more fun playing them with VorpX.

I have a profile that you can test (dont want to put it in the cloud yet) which works with Undying and Summoner. The profile will most probably work with any other other glide game too. Just drop the Glide dlls of the wrapper into the game folder where the games exe is located and force resolution to whatever you want (under glide settings).

Please let me know how you like this. You will notice the fake Depth best when standing near corners or in hallways.

Reply 42 of 104, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

- Spellforce / Platinum - The only way to get 3D was through the DX9 wrapper (WIP58). Game requires very certain settings so please read install instructions carefully.

Reply 43 of 104, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

- Wolfschanze - Old City Interactive (cheap) shooter , but working nicely in 3D with VorpX.

Reply 44 of 104, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

- Crazy Machines - Cheap known DX8 game. Ive put some 3D in it. With vorpX its like youre sitting in front of a huge wall.

Reply 45 of 104, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

-Shadowman (1999) - Ive been doing some testing with DX6, some Fake 3D on shadowman came out, not what we are used to, but at least "some" depth in that game. The profile is not in the vorpx cloud,
you can get the experimental profile here http://rjkole.com/p_temp/Shadowman_DX6-Fake_3D.vpp

Reply 46 of 104, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

-Cold Fear - With DGVoodoo2 and the DX9 wrapper i was able to get rid of the flickering screen. Read important hints here: http://rjkole.com?g=264

Reply 48 of 104, by Devil Master

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How can I get depth buffer information with dgVoodoo? I use ReShade with the SuperDepth3D.fx shader to play games in stereoscopy with a homemade VR headset, and I noticed that ReShade cannot read the depth buffer from games that run through dgVoodoo. Is there a dgVoodoo setting that fixes this? I'd love to play Sentinel Returns in VR.

Reply 49 of 104, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I havent tried SuperDepth3D but this software provides will provide fake 3D only and i doubt it can cover DX5/6 (Sentinel), and no, DGVoodoo2 doesnt offer any 3D related settings.

BTW:If you consider purchasing VorpX one day, only DX7/8 witzh DGVoodoo2 games have a chance of 3D. Its also important to know that not every game can receive a 3D profile for
various aspects. Some games work with the default Dgvoodoo3 profile, some dont and must be looked into by hand.

Reply 52 of 104, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

-Bone: The great Cow Race aka Bone: Das grosse Kuhrennen - Nice 3D with DGVoodoo 2.55.4 and VorpX. Important: DGVoodoo2 v2.55.4 explicitely required for proper 3D !

Reply 53 of 104, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

-Ballistics - The game has been called "the fastest one in the world" (back then 😉 - DGVoodoo2 v2.55.4 required !

Reply 54 of 104, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

-Bone: Out of Boneville aka Bone: Flucht aus Boneville - The other part of the cartoon series has also nice 3D with VorpX - DGVoodoo2 v2.55.4 required !

Reply 58 of 104, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

-Aliens vs. Predator 2 - DGVoodoo2 2.6 required 3D through Z-Buffer access, nice graphics when using high resolutions !

Reply 59 of 104, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

-Shadowman - DGVoodoo2 2.6 required 3D through Z-Buffer access, impressing image for DX 6 ( using high resolutions )