VOGONS

First post, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello. I tried 3 different graphics cards in my 775 system. I really like my Asus 9800 xt. But it is the only one where two additional unknown devices are showing up in the device manager. The graphics card itself is working correctly and games are running fine. But I don't get these unknown devices installed. It doesn't bother me that much and I would deactivate the two but i am also curious what these devices are.

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Reply 1 of 3, by slivercr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I had something similar with a Radeon x1950 Pro once, I tried older drivers and the devices were recognized as "ati t200 unified avstream". Might be something similar in your case, Catalyst 6.11 did the trick for me.

Try slightly older drivers and see if the devices are recognized, then you can hunt around for the drivers of said devices and revert to the newer drivers I presume you have installed.

Outrigger: an ongoing adventure with the OR840
QuForce FX 5800: turn your Quadro into a GeForce

Reply 2 of 3, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Most likely video capture devices, like that 'AVStream'.

You can usually get an idea of what these are by checking the hardware IDs reported for these unknown devices in the Device Manager.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 3 of 3, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello. I downloaded an additional driver package from philscomputerlab. That works well. The unknown devices are installed now.

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti